Dear Baby Waider + Little Brother Too,
I'm sure you are wondering why I'm yet to post a blog about the birth of Little Brother. I haven't been blogging because I learned from when Baby Waider was a newborn. When Little Brother sleeps I try to sleep! Between that and keeping up with Baby Waider blogging hasn't really been happening. When I was in labor with Baby Waider I was blogging for much of the time. I started a blog with little brother, but I think I got Dear out before I started getting intense Pitocin induced contractions. Plus, there wasn't much of a story for Little Brother. Pretty much I woke up, called the hospital, and they told me to come into labor and delivery. For whatever reason as we tried to get to the hospital we could not get out of the house. Dad took the world's longest shower. I tried to get Baby Waider some food, get dressed, and get ready to go to grandma's house. I tried to make myself look slightly human. We got in the car and took the long ride to the hospital. It actually wasn't that long. Because we were so late dad dropped me off at the door of the ER and I had to go in and get registered and he could meet me after he dropped Baby Waider off at grandma's. Saying goodbye to Baby Waider was one of the saddest thing I've had to do. I'm not sure why, but I started sobbing and could not stop. Eventually dad just had to leave with you. I had to go into the hospital, alone and it was clear that I had been crying. The poor lady at the entry was pretty sure that something bad had happened. Not that I was sending my daughter to her grandparent's house so that I could have a new baby. The nice lady at the entry way got me set up and gently asked if I had a support person. I said yes he was on his way. She seemed relived. She got me checked in and they took me to my delivery room. It is strange to go to the hospital not in labor. I walked into the room that was all set up for me. The stand and bed for little brother. It seemed pretty scary, but I was ready to roll.
Fortunately, I knew the nurse that was assigned to me. She was Nurse Lori and she helped deliver cousin Vern. Grandma Halter babysat her kids, Hayden and Hailey just like she babysits Baby Waider and soon Little Brother. She was amazing. Unfortunately not much happened until my water was broken. Then things got going more quickly. As we waited for Little Brother dad and I kept debating names. For the past 4 months we've been thinking about names. We started with Michael. That was my grandpa's name, my dad's name, and my uncle's name! Seemed like a good fit. My main hang up was that my grandma Eleanor was married to my grandpa Michael. I couldn't get past it. I also liked James, Grandpa Halter's middle name, and I love the James Taylor song, "Sweet Baby James." but couldn't get into that name either. We liked Lucas, but more as a middle name, not a first name. Then, during labor I revealed the name Charlie. Your dad wanted a family name. Charlie was indeed our cat's name from childhood. He was a really great cat! Dad didn't love naming little brother after a cat... But he also was sort of in favor of using that name. The name we kept going back to was Benjamin. The suggestion of the pedicurist. Nothing was actually official until the next evening. But we decided Benjamin was a great name. I had a great uncle Benny. As a bonus Grandpa Halter remembered that his grandpa was Ben. His full name was Bernard, but he went by Ben. So it all worked out. Anyway, debating names and watching some Breaking Bad made for a pretty quick moving day. Before we knew it Dr. Bernhard was ready for me to start pushing.
Sadly, it was right at the time that Nurse Lori had to leave. But, luckily, Nurse Wanda was on the case. Nurse Wanda rules and was who delivered, rather helped deliver Baby Waider almost exactly 23 months earlier. We were 2 hours and 10 minutes off of having you two exactly at the same time of day! So, Little Brother was born on September 9th at 8:25. He was perfect in every single 8 pounds, nearly 5 ounces, and all 19.5 inches. I still find it hard to believe that he even fit in my abdomen. They put him right on my chest, which TOTALLY creeped me out. I know that I should have been grateful to have a healthy baby on my chest, but he had lots of stuff all over him and I can't say I was thrilled with all of that all over me. :(
The stay in the hospital really wasn't much different than when Baby Waider was born. We had lots of family come to visit. I got one sort of good night's sleep, which is really helpful right before going home. Lots of people have been wondering how Baby Waider is adjusting to the new arrival. The short answer is pretty good. Overall you are interested in helping. (Thanks to Baby Addy and Grandma) You loves to give him a paci, even if it isn't his. You also loves to give him quick kisses and say "Hi Baby Ben." You will also give him hugs. Now and again you will try to pick Baby Ben up, which freaks mom out. But, overall I've been pretty impressed with how well you are adjusting Baby Waider. This morning we were hanging out and you tried to push Ben away and said, "No, Ben, GO!" I had to explain that Ben couldn't go. He had to stay with mom. You did okay with that. It has been difficult with feeling like I'm not giving enough attention to Baby Waider and feeling like I dedicate all of my attention to Little Brother. Overall, Baby Waider likes Little Brother and Little Brother could watch Baby Waider for hours...Well for awhile until he drifts back to sleep.
Mom on her phone. That's how she rolls during labor.
Nurse Lori!!
Dr. B. suiting up!
Mom looking less than thrilled with the slimy baby on her tummy...
Awww Little Brother!
Dr. B. and her intern. Such fun gals!
Nurse Wanda!
Meeting Grandma and Grandpa Halter.
First photo with Dad.
Meeting Cousin Vern. He could be Little Brother's biggest fan.
Meeting Uncle Kelly.
Auntie Katie
Cousin Finny.
Cousin Brook.
Little Brother's story is a little less eventful, but no less special. I love you both to pieces.
Love,
Mama














No comments:
Post a Comment