Dear Baby Waider,
Wow, I know that time goes by quickly. I've been a teacher for 13 years so I know firsthand that 3 months can fly by so quickly you wonder what in the world you were doing with all that time. But, I have to admit that no time in my life has gone by more quickly that these past 3.5 months. It seems like only yesterday I was cuddling my adorable, tiny, 6 pound newborn. Now I have an adorable, 14 pound bouncing baby girl! You are such a sweetheart and I could go on for hours about your vast awesomeness. But, by the time you are able to read/hear this I'm sure that by this time you are clear of two things: 1. Your mom and dad are by far your BIGGEST fans. 2. Your mom and dad LOVE YOU more than anything in this whole wide world. Okay, 'nuf said.
Since I last posted (December 22nd) so much has happened. Here is a brief breakdown of what's been happening around here.
Christmas ruled! You are so loved by so many. You got to meet your super cousins, Chris, Leigh, and Amy, as well as your super duper cousin Sophia. Additionally, you met Super Aunt Cathy and Super Uncle Micheal. It was very fun despite the fact that your mom spent much of the time in a puddle of tears because she knew that Christmas meant she nearly had to go back to work and leave you behind!
Amazing Santa & cousins shot! Love this picture!
Since the last post the major change in our life is that mom went back to work. The first day back to work I felt like my heart was actually being RIPPED from chest. I remember you were so happy that morning. I got you dressed, fed you, and dad packed you up and I stood at the door and sobbed and sobbed and sobbed. I cried the kind of cry that gives you a headache later and fills your shirt with tears. It was the kind of cry that your coworkers and students could tell you had been crying, but were nice enough to not bring it up. I was fortunate of 2 things. 1. Your uncle Kelly arrived the same time I did to work that morning and he helped me into school with everything. He also made me laugh and took my mind off of being super sad. 2.Everyone came to check in on me and make sure I was okay. Thank goodness Mrs. Harrington and Mrs. Fenster had been through it all before.
Much to my surprise it was okay. We made it. You like daycare and being back to work has been pretty good for mom. Despite the fact we had been inseparable for most of 11 months we have managed to make the most of our time together. Dad has been pretty busy too. Mainly he DRIVES. A lot. He drives you all the way to grandma's and then drives all the way to Sturgis. IT is a little out of the way, but a small price to pay to have you with grandma all day! Luckily your dad loves to drive and he got a sweet new ride! We call it the Barbie car because it is a tiny 4x4. It is a sweet 1997 Suzuki Sidekick! If you are really lucky you MIGHT be able to drive it when you are 16. ;)
You are progressing just as you should. You are in the 5th percentile for height. Yes, that means you are taller than 5% of girls your age. That's not a lot of girls you are taller than...proving you do take after your mom in that department. As of late you have discovered your feet, which you like to grab while you make funny little sounds. You love to "chatter" while we change your diaper or play with your toys. Additionally you giggle, (which is BEYOND cute) bat at toys, and put stuff in your mouth. You are able to track things and people. You recognize voices You can pull yourself up and roll on your side. You can also bounce yourself in your little chair which is also pretty cute. Not so cute is your EXTREME mucus issue and slight drooling problem. Luckily those are the only two less than attractive things you do. Wow, rereading this makes it really seem like your mom is writing a progress report for you. I guess once a teacher always a teacher!
Amazing mucus remover! (once you learn how to use it) Thanks for the recommendation, Auntie Katie!
You with your favorite toy under your play gym. Two things you LOVE.
Looking towards the future I am a little nervous about having to work with you to get you to sleep through the night...Dr. Lynn says it is time to let you cry when you wake up in the middle of the night. I personally like our nighttime together. Granted I'm sure my students and coworkers would appreciate a more alert Mrs. Waider, but I love the quiet of the night and just me and you hanging out. I guess it is time for that to end. We are also toying with the idea of starting you on cereal. I'm leaning more towards 6 months, but we'll see how the nighttime not getting up goes first.
I like to teach a little lesson in my posts. I really have very little to teach you beyond this. Time goes by so fast. I feel like my time with you is so precious and is going by entirely too quickly. I grasp onto it and hold on as tightly as I can, but no matter how much I try it is still slipping away from me much faster than I'd like. So, I've made an effort to soak it all in as much as I can. Every bath. Every giggle. Every smile. Every moment. Every bit of wonderfulness. I hope to help you enjoy life to the fullest. I'll really be able to teach you this during the summer. No one does summer quite as well as your mom and dad!
Mama loves you!
Love,
Mom



No comments:
Post a Comment