Saturday, November 24, 2012

Chip Off the Ole Block

Dear Baby Waider,

I hear all the time how much you look like your dad. As a matter of fact I rarely hear that you look like me at all. But tonight we had an incident when I said, "THAT'S TOTALLY MY KID!!!" We were at a toy store. We were looking at dolls and other "girly stuff." All of the sudden as I'm holding you I hear you say "Uh,uh" and point. That means that you want something. So I turn and look at what you are pointing at. There it was. A giant, stuffed, cheetah. This is cool for many reasons.

1.When I was little I would have totally gone for the giant cheetah over a doll, barbie, or any other toy in the toy store.

2. I had a collection of stuffed cheetahs when I was little.

This is one cheetah that survived one of Grandma Halter's ruthless stuffed animal purgings. I'm hoping that you might like to play with it! It'll sure make me feeling a little better for storing it for the past 25 years...


3. In front of some random man you said "kee, kee." Which means kitty, kitty in your language. You also said "Boo." Which is the name of your BFF/cat at home. The man was very impressed with your language skills and even he was convinced you needed this giant cat.

4. Your dad cannot say no to you. It is very difficult for him. We've already purchase many, many things for you. So, when we walked into the store, you found the cheetah, and you did this:


I really wasn't sure at that point how we were ever going to escape from the toy store without that $69.99 cheetah. BUT, then you found an entire rack of pens and you completely forgot about the cheetah. :) Pens, I love pens now as much as I loved cheetahs then. How much do I love that I have a mini-me to share these obsessions with? More that you will ever know.

Love,

Mama

P.S. Tonight we were down town for the city Christmas tree lighting and we had a really great time. You, mom, and dad went down to see the tree lit and we met up with everyone else to watch the parade. You loved the Christmas tree lighting and you also loved the entire parade. Mom got a little bored, but you had a great time! Thankfully I brought the camera and was able to capture some great shot. Perhaps the greatest shot, the family shot, was actually taken by a stranger!:)


No comments:

Post a Comment