Dear Baby Waider,
It seems like either feast or famine with my blog posts here. Truth is this weekend was a blast and I could have posted many stories about it. It actually makes me really anxious for Christmas break. Today I haven't felt good. Sore throat, stuffy nose, etc. Dad will tell you, as will grandma that I am not a fun sick person. Pretty needy and whiny. So today I feel like I've been grouchy mama. Anyway I was cruising Facebook while you were napping (thanks for the 3 hour nap by the way) and, Liz Zach posted that she was baking and listening to Christmas music while it was snowing outside. It was then immediately decided that once you got up from your nap we would bake!I almo immediately knew what we'd be baking. See, Dad bought some bananas...Here would be a great place to teach you that your dad loves a good deal. The man lives for bargains, which is why he loves Black Friday. Anyway, yesterday I sent him to the store for bananas. Our favorite store Don's apparently has an "over-ripe" policy in which you can buy a bag full of over-ripe bananas for $0.99. You get as much as you can fit into the bag for just $0.99. Not being able to turn down close to spoiled food he loaded up on bananas. Hating the thought of a fruit fly infestation I decided we would make banana bread.
It was a hit! You seemed to like baking.
You did seem to want to drink the oil.
Your favorite thing to do was stir, but you did not want mama's help at all.
Here you are happy to be stirring alone.
I loved baking with you today. The gently falling snow. The festive Christmas music. Memories of baking with my own mom and grandmas. The excitement of pouring in the ingredients and making something delicious. I was feeling pretty nostalgic especially since we were baking on your great grandma Halter's table. It made me wonder how many kids have baked on this table and how many loaves of bread have been prepared on it. All in all a nice, full circle moment. Now, after an entire awesome weekend you have diarrhea, a fever and seems as though you may throw up. Nonetheless this afternoon was fun.
Mama loves you






No comments:
Post a Comment