Wednesday, January 2, 2013

You Have a Stylist...Her Name is Grandma

Dear Baby Waider,

It is no secret that I love your outfits. You look adorable in all of them and it is so much fun to dress you. This holiday season grandma made sure you looked ESPECIALLY fabulous this holiday season. She has your style completely down and I often have to consult with her to ensure that I have everything together. As I tearfully folded your festive gear and put it in a box today I must admit that I was sad because you are not ever going to wear them again. I wasn't entirely sad because as auntie Katie says you are growing just as you are suppose to. However, each outfit is associated with some really good times. The holidays are such a blast and I am a little glum that they are over. So, thinking of the Dr. Seuss quote in my mind, "Don't cry because it is over, but smile because it happened." I decided that it might be nice for you to be able to see a showcase of your holiday garb this year, which cheered me right up!

This is the first of grandma's dresses. You LOVED this dress and said, "ooo-oooo!!!" when you saw it. Super cute.


I loved the polka dotted sleeves and leggings! The cat, ghost, and pumpkin on the orange ric rac were a little weird, but it worked. The dress was made of black corduroy. You will see a trend with this fabric.






This outfit is one that I actually got you. I'm a sucker for any shirt that says anything about you and your dad. This one says "Daddy is Under My Spell." It is the outfit that kicked off the holiday season. Super cute.



This next outfit is one that I actually razzed grandma for a bit. I called it the "bulletin board on a dress." It has a giant turkey actually on it with orange ribbon and white polka dots. Not only that, but it is brown corduroy with a white turtle neck onsie and orange trim. I know, the description makes it sound less than desirable, but it was absolutely adorable. Additionally we found matching outfits for the cousins. Priceless.



After Thanksgiving we did the St. Nick's Party. That included an outfit that I purchased the base for, but grandma found this awesome tutu to put over it. Fabulous. The ruby slippers only enhanced the look.





The weekend after the St. Nick's party we went and got our Christmas tree. Grandma bought you this fabulous hat. She got them for the nephews too. Its sad that we only got this one picture with them on. Such a cute bunch!! Auntie April took this awesome pic.



The next outfit was your going to see Santa outfit. It was another bulletin board on a dress. This time with white ric rac. It was red corduroy with a red trimmed turtle neck. You looked like a little gingerbread girl. Sadly this was the only time you got to wear it. It was planned to be your Christmas day outfit but you got a more fabulous outfit for Christmas day!



This is your gorgeous Christmas Eve dress. Grandma, Grandpa, and I picked it out. Problem was that they didn't have your size. Grandma and Grandpa went back to Kohl's to get the right size right when the shipment came in. Phew! It was way worth it because you looked so precious. I loved the long sleeves because I think it was about 10 degrees when we went to mass.


Below is a picture of your budding curls. I used some curling cream on it and it worked well...until I had to put your hat on due to the frigid temperatures. :(


This is the whole ensemble. Mom and dad threw in the coat last minute. Gorgeous.



Here you are with your Christmas get up. This is with the adorable green and white hat that I bought you last year and your fake Ugg boots. Mama and dada aren't about to buy you real ones.



Here you are with your outfit + the adorable Christmas shirt that Super Aunt Becky and Super Uncle Joe got you. It matches your cousins and was so much fun!




Finally, my most favorite outfit. Grandma actually bought it on Christmas Eve. As Grandpa handed it to me he said, "We thought it just looked like her!" And it sure did. Loved it! Thanks G& G H!




Luckily the bottoms for these outfits will be PERFECT next month for Valentine's Day! Auntie Katie and I already found the PERFECT shirt and Super Aunt Becky got you one too! Gosh, you actually have many stylists, including Super Aunt Cathy! Such a lucky, loved little girl.

Mama loves you and loves to dress you!;)

No comments:

Post a Comment