Dear Baby Waider,
I think it's safe to say the news it out. YOU are going to be a BIG SISTER! Now, without giving too much detail let me tell you that this was not exactly our plan. We always knew we wanted you to have a brother or a sister, but when you were slightly older. Since the initial shock has worn off (kind of) we are all pretty excited. Let me clarify, your dad was THRILLED from the first mention of it being a possibility. He did not grow up with siblings close to his age and that was very important to him. He loves that mom and your aunts and uncles are all close in age and he really wants that for you too. I have to agree that I am mostly likely giving you a BFF for life. I know that is what I consider my brother and sister. So, just remember that when they tattle on you for something that gets you in BIG trouble or tear your favorite sweater.(Sorry auntie, that was totally me.)Anyway, You are going to LOVE being a big sister. Mostly because even though you don't talk yet you are totally bossy. That is an ESSENTIAL quality in a big sister, especially if you have a little brother. They require lots of bossing. Little sisters probably could go either way. Mine was easy to boss until she was in fifth grade and became taller than me. She was tough to boss after that.
But, I honestly have to say that most of my BEST memories include my brother or my sister or both. Usually two of us were fighting with the other, but we still managed to tear up the neighborhood and have a blast. Even now I feel like I always have someone to hang out with or someone to see because I am fortunate enough to live in the same town as my sister and brother. I'd have to say that by far some of the best memories I have of your uncle, (my little brother) include when we lived together. We did fight occasionally, but we had more fun that fighting. We even threw Dr. Seuss a killer birthday party one year. We will tell you about it when you are older. Definitely the best memories I have with your aunt include our trip to California and Tijuana. We had a blast. But, side note, if you take a LONG road trip with auntie Katie she does not drive a stick, so make sure you drive an automatic because if you don't you will be driving. A lot. I haven't even begun to tell you about all the memories we have from working together for the past four years. We are super lucky to be so close. You are super lucky that you will also likely be as close to your brother and sister. Hopefully I don't feel TOO guilty for only giving you one sibling, because I can't even begin to imagine my life with only one of mine. In short, you will be blessed. Your life will be richer because you will have someone to talk about your mom and dad with and they will totally get it. ;) You will have a built in friend always over at your house. You will always have an ally at school and neighborhood brawls. You will have someone who gets you into things you might not otherwise take up (like mt. biking or crafting). Mostly, you, well we, will have another person who makes us even MORE of a family. I know you will be an AWESOME big sister, and during the times you aren't, your little sibling will forgive you. I'm thrilled for us to begin this next chapter in your lives. I am not so thrilled to wake up in the middle of the night again so I'm hoping you will teach your little clone to sleep like you do RIGHT AWAY.
I am relieved that you will never remember being an only child. I don't and I'm thankful for that.
This weekend we released the information on Facebook. We did another video release like yours that is here:
You were the star for the announcement and you were wonderful. I was impressed with your mad actress skills and you only diva'd out once. ;)
I like both videos equally well, but I do have to say that yours was the first one I created so I liked it first.
Mama loves you!
No comments:
Post a Comment