I remember when I told your Uncle Rob that we were expecting Baby Dos,a name given by mamas good friend Alicia for your sibling, he made the comment "No more Baby Waider blog." I had no plan to stop blogging, but I truthfully am so tired sometimes that blogging isn't number one on my mind.I'm going to work on getting better about blogging! Especially because summer is right around the corner and I will be able to blog about all of our adventures. We have had some wonderful adventures during the month of March. Mom and dad had Spring Break and Easter Break this year which totaled a week. Even though the times were separate it really was a huge mash of BIG FUN!
During Spring Break we had beautiful weather. Much of it was spent just hanging outside. Dad and I wanted to go on an outing with you because it was supposed to be so nice. We wanted to take you to Devil's Tower, but I've developed a sever e aversion to wind and the forecast said wind so we decided to opt out of Devil's Tower and go to Mt. Rushmore instead. National Park/ Monument with a hike so we figured it would be okay. We also thought it would be fun to have breakfast up at Mt. Rushmore after a little hike around the mountain. I figured it would be perfect. You would love to run along the hiking trail and dad and I would lovingly watch you have the time of your life. I would take my camera and take lots of pictures...
I forgot my camera. We got to Mt. Rushmore and you. had. a. complete. come-apart. It all started with some meat sticks. You love them. They are basically mini hot-dogs. They are disgusting. I hate pulling them out of the jar with the slimy oil/juice that surrounds the six of them in a circle inside of the jar. It is nearly impossible to get them out. But they are a favorite of yours and pretty much always in the diaper bag. Along with that we had animal crackers, cereal bars, bananas, and what we call a squishy (a baby food thing that you love). Right as we headed on the trail you found your diaper bag, and the meat sticks. I wanted to hike, not stop and eat meat sticks. You also found a cereal bar and were pretty sure you could not move forward. So you started crying, well screaming. I tried to pick you up. You screamed harder. Dad tried to pick you up. You cried even harder. We tried to put you in your stroller. You really cried. We gave you some banana. Still really mad. I tried to give you you some animal crackers and again you just threw them and cried. I could have tried the meat sticks, but I didn't want you to throw one at me and end up with that slimy oily meat stick juice on me. Plus after so much crying I decided we needed to muscle through the hike.
I really didn't think about the fact that I didn't have my camera because all I could think about is how someone else could be trying to enjoy a peaceful walk on the trail and you were really messing that up. Not to mention that it looked like we were just making you hike these hundreds of stairs on your own. Keep in mind that I didn't remember all of the stairs on this hike. You wanted to walk down all of them alone, and I wanted to get done with the hike, so I wrestled with you all the way down the stairs. Your dad was lugging the stroller down the stairs. Once we completed the stairs and ended up at the Sculptor's Studio I was pretty relieved. I thought we would get back more quickly if we took the road up to the amphitheater and then to the dining room. Who knew that that road was actually a road we were not supposed to be on. Once we got to the amphitheater it was all chained off and said NO ACCESS. We decided since we had spent the past two hours walking three quarters of a mile with a screaming 17 month old we could cross into the no access area, cross the stage of the amphitheater and hike up another 3,000 stairs to the dining room.
We did eventually make it to the dining room. You had some Fruit Loops, ran around the dining room, and had the time of your life. We also took a fantastic picture of you and your dad. We made a memory.
No comments:
Post a Comment