Wednesday, May 29, 2013

No, Ya, Mom!, and Summer Vacation

Dear Baby Waider,

Well here we are again the night that is officially my favorite night of the year. The night when I know that for the next three months I don't have really anywhere to go or anywhere to be. The summer is ahead of us and just waiting for memories to be made! Last summer was amazing, but I am guessing this summer is going to be as much fun if not more fun. With you being able to walk, run, somewhat talk, and all of your other skills I have no doubt that we are in for a wonderful time.

I won't lie when I tell you that I am a little nervous about all this time we will be spending together. You tend to be a little independent. (Your dad and grandma like to call you a chip off the old block) You also like to say, "No!" quite a bit. Actually it is much longer and more drawn out, like, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" But you say it in a low and quite voice. Sometimes if dad asks you and he's irritating you you may say it with more of a whiny tone. Then it sounds like, "Nooooooa." Anyway you like to tell both of us no. And what's even better is that you use it in the proper context. It is impressive and aggravating all at once.

You also like to say, "Ya!" You definitely say this with gusto! For example, I may say to you, "Ellie, do you want to see Finn today?" To which you reply with a loud, "YA!" Or I may say, "Were you nice to Harry today?" Again, "YA!" Or I will say, "Did you play with Vern today?" Again, a "YA!" You also always say ya when asked if you want to go to the pet store, outside, grandma and grandpa's, or to church.

Lately I've been receiving the ultimate payback to anyone who has ever been a kid. I hear this all the time. "MOM!" To which I say, "Yes, Ellie?" or "What do you need, baby?" You never really say anything, but if you are really frustrated you follow up with a whiny, "Mama." And raise your hands for me to hold you. I am pretty much expected to know all, fix all, be all, find all, and read your mind. Mostly I do pretty well. Dad helps some. We do have you saying please to ask for something rather than screaming and pointing for it which is an accomplishment, only you tend to "rapid fire" please (peas) in hopes that it will get you stuff that you don't need. Tonight you wanted a tortilla chip so you said, "peas, peas, peas, PEAS!" The last peas was near a screaming tone, but we bargained by giving you part of a soft shell taco. You just now are learning that please can't get you everything. No matter how cute you are saying it.

The wise words of Mrs. Fenster and Auntie Katie ring in my mind frequently, "18 months is a tough age!" They were right. You have a mind of your own. You will not eat anything that I want you to and sometimes you throw embarrassing fits in public. But, I also have to say that you are so funny and cute. You run around and play and do your thing and it is so cute to watch you. You are so independent. SOOO independent. You are in a constant state of discovering the world around you and you love to play and color. Pretty much I know that this summer will not be without its challenges, but mostly it will be awesome. Here's to 96 days to make a lifetime of memories.

Love always,

MAMA

No comments:

Post a Comment