Dear Baby Waider and Little Brother,
Well today was another big day and milestone in Little Brother's life. He was baptized! Baptism is special to me for many reasons. Mostly, as I stated when Baby Waider was baptized that I am a cradle Catholic. That means that me, like the two of you were born Catholic. Thankfully, your dad is a convert. He converted to be Catholic when we got married. Not only are we Catholic, but much of the extended family is also Catholic. Today we were able to welcome Little Brother into the faith and it was a very special moment.
Godparents
Your Super Aunt Becky and Super Uncle Joe were your godparents. Super Aunt Becky was my godmother so I was excited to make her your godmother too. I remember being a kid and Becky would go to church with us. It wasn't uncommon for her to sit by us, make us laugh, and we would get in trouble. Not her. Aunt Becky was always super cool to me. For one, she had a Dodge Daytona which was a super duper cool car. I thought it was neat that she was in college and even neater that she was going to college to be a teacher. I attribute my own decision to become a teacher a direct result of watching her be an awesome one. Aunt Becky was like an older sister to me since I was the oldest in my family. One time, in fifth grade, I was sitting in church with my kindergarden buddy minding my own business during mass. Out of nowhere the kindergartner behind me puked all over my coat. Disgusting. So, my teacher, Mrs. Wagner, DRUG me out of church while she held my coat a safe distance from us. Aunt Becky was a teacher at my school so she saw me being pulled out of mass. I wasn't in trouble, but it sure looked like I was. When I got home I was prepared to tell my mom what happened, but she already knew because Becky had called and mentioned what had happened. She was always looking out for us which was good to have growing up. I was able to watch Aunt Becky do everything about 14 years before I did. She was a role model in many ways. Oh, and I was a junior bridesmaid in her wedding, which RULED. I got to wear the sweetest bright red satin bubble skirt dress. Loved it.
Super Uncle Joe has been married to Becky forever, and they've been together since I was a kid. Becky and Joe were always super important in my life. Their family and my family have always been super close and spend all holidays, special events, and much free time together. We've always had so much fun. My best Super Uncle Joe memory includes driving to Seattle in their red Grand Am. At least I think that's the car we took! Anyway, we drove to Seattle. Uncle Kelly and I rode with them much of the way and we blasted the Alabama song, Cheap Seats, for about 17.5 of the 18 hour drive. He would also speed and we just had the best time. Thankfully the first time I flew was with Uncle Joe. Had I flown for the first time with G and G Halter I probably would never had stepped foot on another plane. Joe and I had a blast complete with drinks on our layover. Super fun.
When we grew up they had little kids. Now that we have little kids their kids are grown up. While most super aunts and uncles would have SOME interaction with their super nieces and nephews Becky and Joe are completely immersed when they are with you. They buy you the most adorable outfits, hold you, play with you, and let you boss them around. Super Uncle Joe is known as the baby whisperer. Which means he can basically get any baby to stop crying at anytime. He will shake, bounce, shh, and rock until the infant is lulled to sleep. Aunt Becky also loves to cuddle. It's almost as if Super Aunt Becky and Super Uncle Joe are bonus grandparents to you. Bottom like you are darn lucky, as are your cousins, to have them in your life! I haven't even touched upon their children and how involved they are with you. Another blog for that.
Long Island Medium
Grandma Halter enjoys watching a show that is wildly popular called Long Island Medium. I've only watched bits and pieces of the show, but the basis of the show is that the woman is able communicate with people who have died. One of her beliefs is that babies are able to "see" or sense presences of those who have gone before us. After the baptism grandma revealed to us that she noticed Little Brother looking off into the distance, maybe even out the window. Her theory then being that the great grandmas were probably there and that Little Brother could see them. Now, I like to give grandma a hard time about this, but without a doubt I firmly believe that the grandmas, and possibly grandpas were there and incredibly proud that another great grandson was being welcomed into the faith. So whether Little Brother could see them or not, I know for certain that they were there.
The morning was beautiful and concluded at grandpa and grandma's house. We had breakfast burritos, cinnamon rolls, juice, and sausage. You got beautiful gifts and it was such a wonderful morning. Pictures below. A few things to note. 1. Baby Waider holding arms to Uncle Joe to hold her instead of mama. 2. The picture of Little Brother on the blanket surrounded by the cousins. That is a recreation of a picture we did with Lauryn, your Super Cousin. Maybe I can find a copy of that picture and add it to this. 3. Baby Waider picking her nose in the grandparent picture.
I will forever be grateful to Auntie April for taking these pictures during the baptism. They are amazing and really capture the emotions, feelings, and experience of the morning. By the time you are able to read this she may have quit being an accountant to be a photographer.
As always I love you!
Love,
Mama

















No comments:
Post a Comment