Dear Baby Waider,
As time insists upon flying by I've noticed that you need me less and less. Your independence amazes me. We still have one moment each day where it is just me and you. I wanted to capture this moment and I forgot to take the towel off of my head when I started the camera shooting. I wasn't going to use the pictures, but I decided that most mornings I do greet you with a towel on my head so it was probably more accurate and appropriate. I love these five minutes we have together. You hug me tightly and sometimes say, "Hi, Mama." Or sometimes you say nothing at all. No matter what, nothing beats you laying your head on my shoulder and tucking your arms under your chest and sitting with me. It is the only time when you aren't asking about dad or brother. It is the time of day when you just need me and that is enough. For now I live for this time of day because I know that it will not last forever.
Love,
Mama

No comments:
Post a Comment