Sunday, February 16, 2014

I was Afraid I Wouldn't Have Enough Time

Dear Baby Waider+Little Brother Too,

I have two people I know who are very close to having their second babies while they still have toddlers. I've been very reflective about this because I just went through it five months ago. Although Auntie Katie and Alicia may not want my advice I thought of some to give them. When I found out about Little Brother I wasn't sure that I could handle it. I was terrified that I already had no time. So dividing zero was not going to help me out at all. I pictured myself holding a screaming newborn, chasing an obnoxious toddler all in a fury of piled up dishes and dirty clothes. The reality is not much different from that. My living room looks like Toys R Us threw up. Seriously. Way too many toys. But as far as not having enough time. I don't feel like that. I feel like in many ways Little Brother just fit right into our already established routine. For example. We still do story time. We just have Little Brother listen too. While dad plays with Baby Waider, he has Little Brother on his lap. When we go for walks, we just have an extra person with you. It just works out. It almost feels like we replaced a missing person rather than adding someone additional.

I remember LynnDee Fenster telling me that when you have a second one you just have one more person to love that little baby. It was absolutely true. When Little Brother loses his paci Baby Waider is right there to pick it up. When he wakes up she is the first one to wake him with a resounding, "GOOD MORNING, BENNY!" Little Brother is the absolute happiest when he sees his big sister walk into the room. Not only that, but they love to laugh and laugh and laugh at each other for what seems like no reason at all to dad and I. It's almost like to love in our little family grew exponentially when we added our fourth member.

I am pretty crazy busy. It's true. Both children to cry/ want mama at the exact same time. When one is tired and hungry so is the other one. We have two baths and two kids to feed at night. However, for whatever reason it doesn't feel as crazy as I thought it would. We seem to have settled into a nice little routine. Provided Little Brother sleeps at night we will all be okay! So Auntie Katie, and Alicia, you WILL make it and you WILL have time for both kids, and you WILL likely have fun!

As for Auntie April having her third,YIKES! I'd be scared.

Love,

Mama

1 comment:

  1. I felt the same way, Carol. I can't imagine my life any other way. Life is good! So glad it is for you, too!

    ReplyDelete