Dear Baby Waider + Little Brother Too,
As anticipated we had a lovely Christmas. Filled with much joy and several hundred presents for the two of you. Okay, so maybe not hundreds, but quite a few! The time between Christmas and Thanksgiving was particularly short this year. With pneumonia, mom heading back to work, and other various ailments the time really did escape me and before I knew it it was Christmas Eve. The morning of Christmas Eve we opened the pickle present. It is a tradition from dad's childhood where someone hides a pickle on the tree and whoever finds it gets a special present. Lucky for Baby Waider she was the one who found it! The special prize was a remote control car. We spent some fun time playing with that in the morning. Baby Waider also took care of Little Brother for a spell. Then the two of my little angelic children took long, awesome naps. It was heavenly. I was able to prep dinner for our special Christmas Eve guests! Grandma and Grandpa Halter. We had a wonderful time and we opened presents. Prior to that we went to church. I remember thinking church took FOREVER on Christmas Eve anticipating opening all my presents. I'd have to say that this year it seemed to drag even more. Mom and Dad were super excited to give gifts to our babies! The gift of the night was a doctor kit. Clifford and Grandpa got several exams that all came back okay, thankfully. Little Brother got a Coco? the Monkey, I think. He loved it and it remains one of his most favorite toys.
Thankfully Grandma Halter remembered to bring some cookies for Santa. We put those out with some carrots for the reindeer and sent Baby Waider and Little Brother to bed.
It's sort of hard to see in this picture, but Baby Waider is waving bye bye to us and asking us to "GO!" because she wants to play with the doctor kit and Clifford.
Now, I've had my fair share of awesome Christmases. Can you say My Little Pony Stable, Nintendo, ping pong table, Cabbage Patch Kid? I've had some awesome presents, but none of those Christmases compared to this one for me. Baby Waider was at an age where she was so excited about everything! Christmas morning was filled with playing with the toys that SANTA brought. He brought a big kitchen and a little car for Little Brother. Baby Waider was so excited to see what Santa brought her. As she ran out to the living room she bypassed the giant toy kitchen Santa prepared for her and ran directly to the little car he prepared for Little Brother. Once the excitement of the toys wore off Baby Waider was outraged to discover that Santa in fact ate all of our cookies! Perhaps one of the cutest things I've ever heard is this sentence: "Mama! Santa ate all my cookies!" The inflection and shock was totally adorable. For the remainder of the morning we played with toys. Little Brother loved his car. Before we knew it it was time to head to Grandma and Grandpa's house. That was when the toy of the year was received.
Grandpa Halter picked out the toy to end all. It was something called "Mini Twins." Baby Waider completely loved it. It was a pretty odd looking toy. Mini Twins, bottles, toys, and bunk beds were part of the set. Baby Waider could barely move on to open the other presents. She kept saying, "I want Mini Twins." Which does not type nearly as funny as it sounds. At last we were able to open the mini twins. That's when the playing happened. Everyone wanted to play mini twins. Harry, Vern, Aunt Becky, Cousin Lauryn, and of course Baby Waider. Auntie Katie got a diaper bag for Baby Waider. Complete with wipes, diapers, and little containers it was and still is constantly a request of Baby Waider. "I need my diaper bag," is a common phrase we hear.
The mini twins were a big hit over the entire Christmas Break. Lots of fun for all. Even dad and Little Brother!
Christmas break is one of my favorite times of the year. (I have MANY favorite times of the year.) This year Christmas was completely magical. Nothing quite matches the excitement on the face of a two year old during such a special time of the year. It definitely hit me unexpectedly how truly blessed I am to have my little family. It was also humbling to see how many love our children so much. They received so many wonderful gifts. Until next time!
Mama loves you!















No comments:
Post a Comment