Dear Baby Waider + Little Brother Too,
Mom grew up next door to a family that we call our one syllable friends. Bob, Pat, and Tom. They pretty much rule. Bob always used to help Grandma and Grandpa Halter quite a bit with various repairs and such around the house. Pat was Bob's wife and she was always available to visit, share stories, and generally hang out. I remember when Tom was born because he's quite a bit younger than me. He was invaluable to us when dad broke his ankle. I think I mentioned him in a post previously. Anyway to my point. Pat told me one time that when Tom was little she used to say to herself, "THIS is my favorite stage," then as time would go on he would be in another phase and she would then think, "NO, THIS is REALLY my favorite stage." With Baby Waider I feel like I was holding on by a wing and a prayer. Never certain about what I was doing and what was happening. Don't get me wrong. I loved every, single, minute of Baby Waider's first year. But with Little Brother I know what is coming. I remember all of those times from when Baby Waider was just born and I just can't wait for Little Brother to be at that stage too. When I had my second cuddly little newborn I was pretty certain that THAT was by far my favorite stage. Watching him snooze was pretty much the greatest. Holding him for hours on end while he curled into a little ball on my belly was the greatest.
Then as he became more and more alert we saw that adorable little smile! My heart just melts for those gummy grins.
Now Little brother an giggle and coo. Two of the most adorable noises on this earth. Love to listen to him "talk" to us and laugh at his silly big sister.
Right now we love to watch Little Brother play with his gym that used to be Baby Waider's. He loves to grip the toys and is on the verge of rolling over. This stage definitely feels like the best stage. He's so excited about everything and loves to kick his little feet as he sees one of his family members approach him. He particularly likes when Mia comes to visit him in his little chair.
Little brother's favorite place is definitely the bathtub! He could spend hours in there. Dad usually does bath because it is my LEAST favorite job, but this night I gave bath and took some shots. Little Brother is so calm and happy.
The milestones at this age just seem to fly by. With each new age I'm pretty certain that it is my favorite, but what I realize now that I didn't with Baby Waider is that following each special stage another equally exciting and cute stage is just around the corner. Except 18 months. Not sure that that was even remotely my favorite stage. Here's hoping Little Brother is less of a diva at 18 months. Little Brother gets cuter every day. He will sit up soon, stand, and walk. And this mama is going to relish every wonderful second of it.
Love,
Mama










No comments:
Post a Comment