Excuse the cheesy title for this particular blog. I just feel like it fits and I like seasonal words combined with other words to make even better words. On with my first photo-essay. Mom is compulsive about pictures. This is no lie and impossible to hide anymore. I spend hours reading about how to be the best momtographer (another made up word that is awesome) I can possibly be. Recently I've been reading about creating a photo-essay. According to wikipedia it is "a set or series of photographs that are intended to tell a story or evoke a series of emotions in the viewer." I was excited to experiment with the idea of this and dying Easter eggs seemed like an eggcellent opportunity to try it out. I envisioned lining up the perfect little glasses with the little color tabs that would create brilliant pictures as they reflected off of the table. I conned the family into cleaning up the house so that it didn't look like we were dying eggs in a swap shop. I thought for sure I would capture Baby Waider's stubby little fingers clutching the chintzy metal egg dropper, and Little Brother reaching for an egg with excitement in his eyes. As per usual my tiny subjects did not perform as I expected, my skills are not exactly what I want them to be, but I did capture what will be my photo-essay.
Baby Waider begins dying eggs. This is what will be one of 10 pinkish-orangish eggs.
"See, Mama, it my blue egg!"
"No, Dad, MY blue egg."
I guess I did sort of get my chintzy egg dropper photo.
"Look, it's my 100th pinkish-orangish egg!"
More pink dye.
Photo op with dad who says, and I quote, "This isn't about the kids. It's about us getting to finally get to be good at the things we used to do as kids."
"Yay for my chintzy egg dropper!"
Photo op with mom and dad playing with focal points!
Now mom is in focus!
Not sure why Benny is so sad about his first Easter! Dad even made him his own egg!
There's a happy Benny.
"It has been discovered that I have no more eggs to dye..."
"...and the ones that are dyed are all the same color..."
"...that is actually a pale version of the very onsie I am wearing!"
Still has some tears rolling down the cheeks.
Notice how they are all the same-ish color.
The egg dying master...
I may not have captured what I hoped to capture, but this photo-essay definitely captured the moment (the whole 5 minutes) we took to break dye eggs. I am actually a little disappointed that I failed to capture the fact that we started with 24 eggs and ended up with 17, then 16, and now possibly 14ish??? Not sure if some of those are cracked beyond repair. Baby Waider would pick them up and THROW them into the dye. This would splash the dye all over and crack the egg. The eggs that survived this treatment were often dropped on the floor as they were being transferred to dry. Dad was trying to prevent this mass of egg dropping, but it did not prove to be successful. They kept falling and then the all too familiar, "UH-OH, DAD! I dropped it." This morning when Baby Waider woke up I could hear her talking on the monitor. She was saying, "No! Easter Bunny! Don't drop the eggs. My dad don't want you to drop the eggs, but my mom will make more." All in all everyone is pretty fired up about the Easter Bunny arriving tonight. We even had a chance to meet the big bunny himself today! Immediately when Baby Waider was put by the bunny she gave him a big hug and yelled, "Hi,Easter Bunny!" She posed for pictures and was all in all pretty pumped. She was pretty psyched that the Easter Bunny gave her a bouncy ball on a piece of elastic, or as Baby Waider called it, "A basketball on a string." She had the BEST time playing with it on the street corner. She could possibly be a street performer. We probably should have put out a cup to collect some $$ for her efforts.
Hugging the Easter Bunny. I could have cropped this picture to get the box out. But why?
Love Baby Waider's huge smile!
Happy Hoppy Easter!
Baby Waider and her budding street performer career.
Love this beautiful weather and being with my adorable little family!
Love,
Mama


































No comments:
Post a Comment