Dear Baby Waider + Little Brother Too,
I will admit that I became a little heartsick when I went to the web address of the Baby Waider blog only to discover that is has yet again been nearly two months since I last blogged about our little life. Besides that I noticed that I blogged maybe once this summer. I got bummed because these are the years that you are tiny. You won't remember what we've done. Well... besides the fact that you have about 10 billion pictures to document what you are doing as well as my Facebook Page that follows us every minute. But the point of the blog was to tell the story of us, of our family. I feel like we are always so busy and I always feel like I'll get to the blog. Eventually. Just like I will mop the floor, do the laundry, cook dinner, and all the other million things that need to happen around here. They all do eventually. So forgive me for missing some major chunks this year. We had a newborn around and still managed to have lots of fun. I just didn't take the time to sit down and document it in words and writing. I probably can't take the time to document everything all the time, but I do want to get better. So, this little catch up post will encompass several things that happen in the fall!
Grandpa Turns 60!
Devil's Tower is one of our family's favorite place to go. Growing up I loved Devil's Tower. It sort of thrilled me to hike around it while it totally creeped me out all at the same time. There is a legend of Devil's Tower that can be summed up by this picture:
This picture used to hang up at the picnic grounds in the shadow of Devil's Tower. Knowing how huge the tower is I never really wanted to run into that giant bear! That being said I have a zillion memories surrounding Devil's Tower. It was fitting that we would celebrate Grandpa Halter's 60th Birthday there. We made even more memories. Probably the greatest memory would be playing kickball. We had a total blast. It turned into the adults playing and the kids watching, but it was fantastic. We has had a BLAST with mustaches. All in all an awesome day. One where you go home thinking, WOW, I am so blessed.
 |
| I love the picture of Baby Waider and Cousin Harry. Looking for Moon Bears on the trail. My 8 year old self would have been completely freaked out by Moon Bears! Another favorite pic is this one of Little Brother and I below the amazing Devil's Tower. Seriously, the coolest place on earth. |
 |
Probably some of the favorite times of the day happened at the picnic ground. So much fun!
PUMPKIN FUN!!!
|
 |
We went to a really fun little pumpkin patch. We also found a little cat there. Baby Waider kept saying, "Mom, this cat LOVES me." And that cat did love Baby Waider, and all of us. We got all of our pumpkins there, which proved to be a great success for our jack-o-lanterns.
|
 |
We went to the Pumpkin Festival. It was so much fun posing with different pumpkins, painting pumpkins, and riding the pumpkin train. Even Little Brother painted a pumpkin!
Baby Waider's Third Birthday
|
 |
Baby Waider turned 3 in October. Bittersweet. Words cannot express my pride in you, Baby Waider. You are an amazing little person with so much spunk, pizazz, and spirit. You are kind, thoughtful, and hilarious. I love every minute with you. Tragically, Baby Waider's actual birthday and parent-teacher conferences aligned. I knew it would eventually happen because Baby Waider was born the Monday after conferences in 2011. I knew it was only a matter of time before that 13 hour day would fall on my beloved daughter's birthday. I remember when I discovered that the two days aligned. My heart fell clear to the floor. Fortunately, my awesome boss gave me a personal day so that Baby Waider and I could have a mommy-daughter day. We had a wonderful day. It started with Baby Waider getting "Kota" the giant dinosaur! Words can't really express the excitement, but the video shows the pure joy experienced by you, Baby Waider.
Then, you had her favorite breakfast. Dad's pancakes, with sprinkles. Then, we went to Pottery to Paint, and painted an awesome monster truck. We finished the morning off by meeting dad at Dinosaur Park for a picnic lunch with Lunchables. Baby Waider also got to decorate her very own mini-cake to bring to mom's school to blow out candles between conferences. Dinner was Taco John's. For a three year old I don't think we did too badly! |

 |
| Add caption |




 |
Despite saying over and over BK (before kids) that my children would have one and only one birthday my children have two. We call them the friend birthday and family birthday. Typically the friend birthday is the cousins and some kids from daycare which was the case this year. Addie joined us along with Brandon. It was super fun. We had a special guest come as well. Mom's friend and co-teacher, Kim. Kim began the school year by giving Baby Waider a stuffed dinosaur, dog, and some books. Baby Waider adored them both. The friend ship progressed with Kim giving Baby Waider even more special gifts and Baby Waider insisted that Kim come to her party. Because she's the sweetest person EVER, Kim came and brought abundant dinosaur gifts. It was so appreciated and Baby Waider loved all of the lovely gifts. Particularly the lunchbox and the necklace. She also got a killer dinosaur shirt, shiny boots, adorable fall outfits, a dinosaur water bottle and flashlight that she sleeps with every night. Baby Waider had a dinosaur cake, dinosaur decorations, and dinosaur tails as favors for the kids. Dad lovingly made 12 large dinosaur tails and 3 small ones for the little babies. They were adorable and photographed very well! The kids had a blast running around with them. Thanks, Pinterest! also made bags for all of the kids to use during a dinosaur egg hunt! Each egg was filled with a little, tiny, baby, dinosaur! Big hit.
Fights Sibling rivalry is alive and well in the Waider house. Complete with tattles, hitting, biting, and arguing. With only one child talking it is clear that these scuffles are only going to become more intense. Currently, the major fights involve being held by a parent. Both kids want to be held. Even if mom or dad have two laps only one baby can be held at a time. Interestingly I don't remember Baby Waider hitting at 13 months, but Little Brother is a...welllll.... a brute. We are currently teaching Little Brother to be gentle using baby dolls. It's working. He loves to hug his baby, and carry it, and feed it, and then hit it against the floor, and throw it...
 |
We give Little Brother lots of reminders to "Be gentle." "Be nice."
First Haircut
Benny's hair was looking a little shaggy. We decided to get him a little trim by our lovely stylist Stephanie. He did pretty well...Dad did give him a phone to play with, but all in all, he really did like Stephanie.
Just Having Fun!
FLU
Mom has an amazing ability to tolerate puke. I have been a teacher for 15 years so the flu doesn't phase me. That being said, walking into a crib full of vomit on a Sunday morning is not something I will soon forget. Additionally, I will not soon forget the sound of vomit hitting the hardwood floor or the rug while I'm cooking dinner. The flu makes me really appreciate the times when you are both healthy. Sick kids make me sad.
I'm so excited to have updated you two on our amazing life with our tiny humans. You are amazing and we enjoy every second with you.
Love Always,
Mama
|
|
No comments:
Post a Comment