Sunday, January 4, 2015

2014: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Dear Baby Waider + Little Brother Too,

2015 is here! Hard to believe how quickly the years have passed since Baby Waider joined us in 2011 and 2013 when Little Brother joined. A few days ago my Timehop app reminded me of a post I made that said "2011=awesome, 2012=even better, and 2013=can't wait to see."

This post made me laugh because I started thinking about what 2013 brought. A NEW BABY! Huge change! Huge blessing! Lots of work! Anyway it's funny. We never know what New Years will bring. In 2005 I didn't know that dad was going to ask me to marry him! Come to think of it in 2003 I didn't know that that would be the year I would meet your dad. I've never liked New Years. I think its an annoying holiday, too close to Christmas when people expect you to stay up too late. (This year I was in bed, and asleep before 8:45, but to be fair I had the stomach flu.) This year, while reflecting on the couch trying to recover from the stomach flu, I realized that while I may not want to celebrate the new year it is a big deal. We get to start another year together. We will share in new experiences while also sharing in old traditions. Plus, it gives us a much needed chance to reflect upon the past year. 

The good: BABY WAIDER WAS POTTY TRAINED!!! POOP AND ALL. Special thanks to Grandma Halter, Grandpa Halter, Kayla, and Toys 'R Us.

The Bad: Little brother is STILL TEETHING, has been teething, and has not stopped teething for most of the year! UGH! Christmas break has been the break of the eye teeth. We all look forward to a time when Little Brother will have all of his teeth and hopefully show them to us via a smile. Not crying. 

The Ugly: There is no ugly in this beautiful life. Cheers to 2015!

Love, 

Mama



No comments:

Post a Comment