I’m a second grade teacher so I always get students after they’ve been in first grade. (Obviously) We always hear things about first grade from our students. To say that kids are obsessed with Mr. Kieffer is an understatement. For years I’ve heard all about Mr. Kieffer. He does cool stuff, but mostly I learned that he makes ordinary stuff cool. He has an incredible sense of humor and a way of making everyone feel better by just being around him. Baby Waider you will most lovingly remember every single Friday as Fri-yay and will never forget his read alouds. Any compliment Mr. Kieffer gave was worn as a badge of honor for days. What I never knew about Mr. Kieffer is that he really doesn't offer expensive incentives or elaborate prizes for behavior or hard work. He also really doesn't give consequences (if he does you didn't get any). He has what I call teacher magic. He's one of these teachers who get the students to become his followers. Sort of like the Pied Piper. Except his students aren't rats and he isn't leading you to drown...Maybe that's not the best comparison. My point is that Mr. Kieffer doesn't really rely on magic. He's just himself, which is so inherently charming that students want to do and be their best around him. Heck, he even makes me want to do and be my best as a teacher. Now that I've seen his passion and witnessed how much it impacted my own child I won't get annoyed when one of my students hugs me next year and says, "Your my favorite teacher, Mrs. Waider, except for Mr. Kieffer he's my first favorite." Don't judge me fellow teachers, you know you like to be the favorite, too!
I know how much work it is to be a teacher. I’ve been doing it for long enough to know that it is not easy what teachers do for our kids. Mr. Kieffer shows up everyday and gave you his all. I will forever be grateful for Mr. Kieffer because he instilled a deep love of learning within you, encouraged you to love reading even more, and has you thinking you are a full-fledged author. You love math and are so confident. I cannot ever repay Mr. Kieffer for all he did for you this past year, but we can say thanks and get him a pack of Hot Pockets (You didn't think I'd write an entire blog about you and leave out the Hot Pockets, did you?). So, THANKS KEEE-FAHHHH!
Love,
Mom
Love,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment