Sunday, October 9, 2011

Today is the Day!!!

Dear Baby Waider,

Well...this morning at 230 you woke me up with contractions. They weren't really bad so I decided to cruise the internet, check facebook, and play on the ipad for a few hours. Mia and I hung out on the couch like we have for the past nine months. Good old Mia. I decided to wake your dad at 6:00 to let him know we probably needed to head to the hospital. I did tell him i thought it was a false alarm.

On our way your dad decided to pick up some Hardee's. Now I'll tell you something about your dad. Hes directionally challenged. He's lived here for ten years and still does not know how to get around. So, he decided to take Mt. Rushmore rd to get to the hospital. Naturally he got stuck at omaha and Mt. Rushmore road. To be fair he thought we were just practicing because neither of us thought I was actually in labor. Anyway he jumped on the opportunity and ran that red light.

Boy were we wrong. I was in labor and wow! It really hurt! I was basically hysterical. I think Jackie, my nurse, and the other nurse sandy thought I was crazy. I was pretty crazy. Turns out you were doing some hard work. I dilated from a one to a four in a little over an hour!!

Once they found out I was actually in labor they took me and your dad to delivery room number 10. That's where probabaly the best thing ever came from. My epidural. I love this epidural. It turned me into a human and not some crazy lady. That paired with fetinol or however you spell it changed everything.

Right now I'm dilated to a 6 and anxiously awaiting your safe, happy, and joyous birth!!!!

Love,

Mom

P.s.  I opted to take a shower at 3am and did NOT DO MY HAIR!!!! so my hair will look atrocious when you first see me. But everyone was right. I really don't care!!!

1 comment:

  1. i love this! i am so excited for you all and am anxiously awaiting the news! God bless!
    love you. mean it.

    ReplyDelete