Dear Baby Waider,
Well, October is here! The month you will be born. The month that seemed so far away nine months ago when your mom and dad first found out you'd be joining us. The time has flown by and I sure hope it slows down once you get here because I want to enjoy every second I can. Thanks to you I've had very little to report the past week. We went to the doctor yesterday and pretty much I've made no progress, which is a good thing. Remember our little agreement? The one where you promised me that you won't come until after next week? That way your mom and dad can get conferences over and done and if you would give us the 3.5 day weekend to finish a few things up we'd be very grateful. PLUS we want you to be fully cooked and come out really healthy, so the longer the better.
Today was a good day. Due to your dad's very hard work the nursery minus the window is pretty much done. We now have a place for you to sleep, clothes, bedding, blankets, toys, and all sorts of things. Auntie Katie and Grandma Halter came over to help us put everything away from the shower and took me to Target to buy all the stuff I never knew I needed for you. For example, did you know that you needed a lamper in your room? A lamper is a cross between a laundry basket and hamper. We totally need to get one for your auntie for Christmas. She loves it. We also got a trashcan and so much stuff that I didn't even know we needed. It wasn't very much fun stuff to buy, but I'm glad to have it ready for you.
This is the "lamper." Your auntie described it to me as it is just like brunch, only it isn't a combination of breakfast and lunch, rather it is a combo of hamper and laundry basket. It is pretty sweet, and you will find that your auntie is full of wisdom to pass onto you. The lamper is only the beginning.
This is a cute skirt your Grandma Halter could not resist.
Holy smokes! I never knew I needed all this stuff. You will have plenty of pacifiers, bottle nipples, bottle liners, desitin, and other stuff. :)
Boppy cover that matches your room!
Like I said, not really fun stuff, but stuff we needed. See the point of this post is to tell you that we are close to being ready for you! In fact I hate to say that I'm not really even scared for the whole delivery part anymore. I think I might be to the point of being ready.
I do plan on taking some pictures of the nursery soon for you and for everyone else to see what an awesome job your dad did! It looks amazing, but we still have a couple of finishing touches to do before that blog is posted. We can't wait to meet you.
Love,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment