Dear Baby Waider, Today was an excellent day. Today was my, well, YOUR baby shower. Grandma Halter, Auntie Katie, and Auntie April threw the shower for me. Wow, I was very lucky. The food was amazing, the cake was to die for, and the decorations were PERFECT!! They threw and amazing shower and I loved it. I have to say that as far as showers go I've never been so excited for one as I was for this shower. See a shower is when you get to see all kinds of people you love and care about and the people all bring you baby stuff. One thing I've learned about you as a baby is that you come with lots of swag! And lots of swag you got. You will be a total fashionista in all of your new digs. You got cute shoes, cute outfits, and tons of stuff to play with! Not only that, but we had lots of delicious food. It was a blast. It was a really nice gathering with lots of great people. In a word we are lucky. We have so many people who love and care about us. AND you have some really cute outfits too. ;)
You might be wondering about the title of this blog. Why would your mom call it the baby shower no one thought would ever happen. That might be because for a long time your mom was pretty sure she would not have kids. I wasn't exactly afraid to tell people that either. It wasn't until I met my awesome nephews that I really ever considered it, and then your dad was pretty sure it was time we have one! So needless to say when I announced that I was going to have you everyone was pretty shocked and surprised. I think many of the people who were there really didn't think that they would be coming to a baby shower for me. Either way it was really nice to celebrate you with all of my friends and all of us can't wait to see you! :) Below are some pictures. Sadly, I didn't get pictures of everyone. I was slightly busy opening gifts. I know Auntie April did take more pictures so I'll get those and post them soon.
This is your super Aunt Francy. She rules. She made all of the fabric decorations in your nursery. She's also super, duper funny. I know you will love her.
This is Ginger, Arial, and Grace Smith. I taught Ginger's two oldest kids, one of them being Arial (in the middle). Ginger was your Auntie Katie's long term sub last year when she had your cousin Finn. She is having a baby that is due one week after you! Maybe you two can be bffs.
This is one of your mom's good friends Princess Pam. We met at math camp. Long story. She is mega hilarious! We will go to coffee with her for sure!
Here is your mom with all of your swag! Sorry my face looks really weird. It was hurting to sit like that.
This is Mrs. Fenster! She's your mom and aunt's co-teacher. She just had two babies not too long ago and she gives us lots of good baby tips. We love her! She's so much fun.
This is your Super Aunt Becky and your cousin Lauryn. They are going to supply you with babysitting and clothes! :) They are also lots of fun and will crack you up all the time.
This is the beverage table. I'm so annoyed that I didn't take a picture of the rest of the decorations. They were adorable.
This is one of mom's oldest friends, Stacie! I've known her since I was in first grade! She is super sweet, nice, and funny. Again, you will love her.
This is your Grandma and Grandpa Halter's cat, Buddy. He's pretty much the best can in the world. He got you a sweet Grover doll and he helped me open presents. I love Buddy!!!
This is your Uncle Kelly. The picture explains a lot. He was supposed to be taking a picture of me with someone, but instead he took this picture of himself, upside down. It will make sense to you one day. You will think he's hilarious sometimes, and sometimes he'll irritate you to no end. It's just the nature of your Uncle Kelly. Good news is that he usually means well and he'll make sure you always have a really nice bike.
This is Mrs. Kvanvig. Mom worked with her for 8 years in Whitewood. You will meet her soon and you will love her. She's super sweet and we have lots of laughs when we are together.
This is Connie Sukat, Mrs. Kvanvig, and Mrs. Kotab. I worked with Mrs. Kotab too and Connie Sukat is one of our awesome neighbors that you will also love. Her and her husband, Bob rule!
This is me with the party planning committee. Auntie April, Grandma Halter, and Auntie Katie. They did an amazing job. So much fun!
Here is me with Grandma Halter and Auntie Katie! See how they made a heart on my tummy! :)
This a onesie, not sure how to spell that, from one of mom's oldest friends, Beth, and sister Courtney! I love the Beatles so it is super awesome! I hope it fits you for a long time!
This is me with my super adorable cake that Auntie April made! I seriously loved it and wish we could have put it in your nursery because it would have totally matched. I do have to say it was awesome to eat!
This is Grandpa Halter. He got these balloons for the shower. Aren't they super cute?!
Here I am!
Here we are at the shower! You are really starting to show yourself in my stomach!
Here is a cool present from Angela, Mitch, and Marcia. It also happens to be Boo's favorite. Boo is one of our cats who will hopefully stay far away from you and leave you alone.
See, it was a great day. Only wish I would have had more pictures and I sort of wish you would have been there to meet everyone! They would have loved to snuggle with you and you would have loved to meet them.
Love,
Mom
Love the idea of cake in the nursery! Also think I'm going to love the completed nursery after seeing the fabric going in there! Perfect what you wrote about uncle Kelly, his picture was hilarious - made me smile. Glad you had such a fun day and got the excellent swag:)
ReplyDelete:) Thanks, Alicia, sure wish you could have been there!! You need to move back.
ReplyDelete