Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Let's Make a Deal

Dear Baby Waider,

I went to the doctor yesterday as you could probably tell. You don't love it when they put the heart monitor on you. You usually kick it or push it off. I think it is pretty funny, but don't think that I'll think everything you do will be cute or funny because that's not how I roll. Anyway,this was a more "invasive" appointment and someday you'll definitely be able to catch my drift. The bottom line is that I am 36 weeks along, which SHOULD mean that I have FOUR MORE WEEKS to prepare for you. However, the doctor made me aware that I am slightly dilated, things that are supposed to be thinning are thinning and you are head down in the ready position to make your descent into this world. Now, don't get me wrong. Mama is excited as anything to meet you, but things on the outside here are still getting prepared for you. Your nursery makes progress daily, but it still isn't done. Some sub plans are done, but more preparations need to be done at school. Plus, you need to cook just a little bit longer I think. Just for good measure.

So, here's my deal. You give us at least two more weeks on the inside. That will get your mom past parent teacher conferences, which is so much fun she couldn't bear to miss it. Also, that will give you two more weeks of growing and being ready before entering this world. I'm sure you want to meet and get to know everyone out here. Especially your dad who thinks it would be great if you were here now. BUT think about it this way. You have your entire life to be out here. Yes, it is a great world and your parents are super cool, but really once you see it, you've seen it. So a couple of weeks won't make that much of a difference. Plus, your mom needs more time to "cowboy up" and mentally prepare for this whole process called labor. So just give us a little bit more time. We love you and can't wait to meet you! But, for now, stay put!

Love,

Mom

3 comments:

  1. Super cute! I hope that works for you. Both of my kiddos were 2 weeks early. Remember, the longer Baby Waider cooks, the bigger she or he grows and then the longer the actually delivery can take. Kylee was 2 weeks early and still an 8lb baby. I am so glad she didn't go full term. Anyway, I wish you the very best and I can't wait to read your next update. God Bless you all. Also, even though labor was difficult and quite long for me with both kids, the second that they were born,it was all forgotten except for the healing which didn't matter so much since I had the new blessings in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so excited for you! Wish I could be there to meet baby waider right away....best of luck! You are both gonna do great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Carol! Can't wait to see pictures of baby Boo Waider.

    ReplyDelete