Saturday, September 10, 2011

Flooring, and Molding, and Trim! OH MY!

Dear Baby Waider,

I'm sure that the rest of the world is totally bored with the exploits of the Waider Nursery. However, it is a reality right now that we are down to crunch time!!! Unfortunately, again indecisive ruled and your dad and I had a horrible time choosing flooring for your little nursery. Alas we decided upon laminate flooring. Looks like wood only cheaper. WAY cheaper. We found a deal at Sam's Club and a color we could live with. Decision made. Easy enough...Until it sold out before we bought it. Naturally we had to move BACK to square one and redecide what in the world we were going to get. We had options so it was okay. We shopped for a few hours, which is like an eternity to your father, but thankfully we found some flooring that will work! Just as soon as we get it put in...

Moving on from the flooring we also decided to do all new trim, baseboards, and molding. I might be mistaken, but I think all three of those words can be used interchangeably. I learned that it is found in the section titled "Masonry" at Menards, and "Lumber" at Lowes. Look at those alliterations! Love it! Anyway, back to the fiasco at hand. Your dad and I were a little exhausted. Thus, by the time we looked at the molding it started to all look the same. None of it really looked like anything I wanted. Your dad knew what he wanted, but I wasn't convinced. It looked too wide and too fancy, and just like too much. I couldn't be convinced and I decided that what I wanted for trim was in fact a drip cap for a garage door. We decided to take some samples home to check it out.

Once the samples were home and against our beautiful paint color we selected the decision was easy. Now we had to just paint it with a quick coat of white, and we'd be done. Er...until we tried to paint it. The paint had some weird, disgusting black chunks in it. Seriously I have no clue what was in it. It was leaving chunks on our white molding and ruining it! And significantly slowing us down. Thus, I went back to Lowes, returned the gross paint, and bought my most favorite, easy to use, no fail product, spray paint. So, tomorrow we spray paint the molding/trim/baseboards for your room. Hopefully it works. Since spray paint has never let me down I know it is going to be just fine.

Fear not, Baby Waider, you will love it some day. And if you don't love it. Too bad! It's staying.

Love,

Your Mom

P.S. Pictures will be posted just as soon as we make some progress and get these products painted, and installed.

P.P.S. Have I mentioned that since Lowes returned my icky paint without any drama it is my new favorite store? Plus, since I'm there all the time I'm really starting to get to know some of the cashiers there and they are really excited about your nursery too!

No comments:

Post a Comment