Monday, September 12, 2011

Exponential Growth

Dear Baby Waider,


Truth be told I can tell you are getting BIGGER because your mama is getting bigger. Here is a list of things that are getting harder: bending over, standing up, rolling over in bed, getting out of bed, walking down the hall, getting up out of a chair, and pretty much everything else. Not to mention that I can no longer see my feet despite the fact that they are two sizes longer than they used to be. You are also moving like crazy. Sometimes my stomach just jumps around! The kids at school love that.

As I grow larger I've been running a mental list of things that I'm freaked out about: my belly button popping out, my feet growing in fact larger, labor and delivery (obviously), that you will kick yourself out of my stomach because you are moving so often, that I will hurt whatever it is that gets hurt when you sleep on your back and aren't supposed to (I still keep waking up on my back), and that my stomach is more than likely to continue to grow over the upcoming weeks.

Something I'd like to further discuss is my belly button. My belly button is freaky in general. Like for Halloween if someone wanted to be something really creepy they could be a pregnant lady's belly button. My belly button used to be such a nice, normal belly button. It wasn't creepy, it was just a nice, inny belly button. Now, I'm not so sure what the fate of my belly button is. I can't really see it unless I look in a mirror, and when I look in a mirror it hurts but when I look down at my belly I really can't see it. At this time I'm not sure my belly button will survive this pregnancy. I guess time will tell...

Love,

Your mom

1 comment:

  1. Mine never popped. It just got kinda wide, flat and really shallow. Very weird.
    ALTHOUGH from people I know who's BB did pop, you might be surprised to get a little chaffing on that sucker. Just a heads up. ;)

    ReplyDelete