Dear Baby Waider,
With each impending day I can't even express to you all of my crazy worries! Perhaps one of the most ridiculous worries I have is that of my hair after your delivery. Know that I'm not someone who spends lots of time worrying about how I look. I'm completely fine wearing sweat pants everywhere, including church. If I could I'd wear sweat pants to work everyday. You'll learn soon that I love sweat pants. You will probably love sweat pants too. Around our house we call them leisure pants. I've bought you lots of leisure pants already so you can wear them after you are born! Anyway, back to my hair dilemma. I watched a show called "Pregnant in Heels" early on when I was pregnant with you. The show had lots of good information and some really high maintenance, weird mamas. One mom made an excellent point. She didn't want her hair to look crazy messy after her delivery. Especially with all the pictures. I cut my hair short, super short, so I can't just pull it in a pony tail! I'm fairly certain that everyone will say, "You won't care about your hair once you deliver that beautiful baby." However, people who say that won't have to see pictures of themselves with their hair looking like that of a lion mane holding this newborn baby for all of eternity, like I will. I don't want to have all of our first pictures of me to look all crazy because my hair is weird and frizzed out. Plus, many people can attest to how crazy my hair gets. Comment here Adam, mom, dad, Kelly, Katie. It can be really crazy. Each morning I fix my hair and put in extra product just in case you decide to try and make an appearance. That way hopefully my hair will hold through the strain of delivery.
I've debated a few different options if the hair does decide to frizz out. Option 1. Bandanna. I am not opposed to rocking a do rag, especially when I work hard. I spent much of the late 90's with a do rag on so it could work in a pinch. Option 2. Hat. I look pretty good in a hat. I have lots of old ones so I may need to buy a new one. I could get one that is mommy themed or something like that. Option 3. Pay Stephanie, my amazing hairdresser, who will be your hairdresser too to come in and fix my hair during labor so that it is gorgeous by the time I deliver. Not sure she'd want to be in the delivery room. That probably won't work. Option 4. Just let it go. I could just let my hair to all natural and not care. The pictures will be terrifying, but maybe this is just a worry that I can let go...Plus, I can always hold out hope that your dad's hair will look crazier and more frizzed out than mine.
All kidding aside I think about the foolish stuff, like hair, so that I don't have to worry about all of the terrifying situations that can arise during the delivery. Fingers crossed it all goes well, and we can even take a few pictures where I don't look too terrifying. The most important part of the whole thing will be getting you OUT and getting to meet a happy, healthy YOU! Plus, if my hair looks a little crazy in pictures everyone will understand why. Okay. Done worrying about that.
Love,
Mom

Trust me, your hair will be fine. I just know it.
ReplyDeleteLiz,
ReplyDeleteWhat if I look like Ronald McDonald?
Love it Carol! I sort of understand! I actually was embarrassed before my last surgery because I felt my hair and makeup looked too good. It was obvious I was concerned about it and had tried to look nice, I was the only person in a hospital gown wearing lipstick:) Soooooo....just throwing that out there because I think if you go with option 3 you are going to feel kind of embarrassed that you look so great. I vote for option 1 or 4 or...what about a wig? Wait! They always give me hair covers - ask for one of those! It will match your hospital gown! Adam can get one too.
ReplyDeleteI do hate to point out that I will likely only be looking at your sweet baby in all the pictures...