Dear Baby Waider,
Where do I even begin?! I'm coming off of the best week of my life. Let me go ahead and start where I left off at on my last blog. I left off dilated at a 6 anxiously awaiting your arrival. I had had an epidural and was mostly having a good time in the labor room with my new friends, Nurse Jackie, Nurse Sandy, and your dad. I was also texting your Grandma Halter, Auntie Katie and Super Aunt Becky. We all really thought that you would be out between 5:00-7:00 in the evening, before a shift change.
This is me with Nurse Jackie. She was AMAZING! She was with me from the beginning when I was crying and rolling in a ball saying, "I can't, I can't" to the point where I was happily blogging while on my epidural dilated to an 8. Unfortunately like the part where you came 9 days early you did not do what we expected and I did not end up having you before the shift change. It turned out to be okay. I got to meet Misty and Wanda who were also awesome nurses.
Wanda, my delivery nurse, came in around 7:00 and declared that by 8:15 I would be dilated to a 10 and ready to push. I agreed and we told you to get it together and be ready. Wanda arrived precisely at 8:15, checked me and declared that you had followed directions. Oddly enough even though this meant a huge amount of work for me I was excited. I was ready to push you out with all of my might!!
Your mom ready to push.
Being optimistic I thought pushing wouldn't take long at all. It should have been a breeze, right? Well, sort of...I pushed for TWO HOURS. It was hard work, but again, with the epidural it didn't hurt at all. I was just so hungry, and tired. AND I kept feeling like I was going to barf the whole time. It actually occupied my mind trying not to barf. You were facing up when you were supposed to be face down so once we got you turned around things improved. Again, Wanda spoke. She declared that you would be OUT by 10:30PM. Again, she was right. She ran and got the doctor and your birth time was 10:30, or 10:35. My doctor was not on call that weekend so Dr. Fredrickson delivered you. She was really, super nice and we really liked her. She gave you a cute little bib.
Here you are first born. You were MAD, but you still look so cute.
Dr. Fredrickson
Here are Wanda and Misty with me after you were born! They ruled!
This was me when I first met you. We both look a little rough, but we had a really tough day!
This is what love looks like.
Here you are with your dad who waited 9 long months to give you this hug.
Your dad is CRAZY about you! Truthfully you are pretty crazy about him too.
After a little while Grandma and Grandpa Halter came up to meet you along with Auntie Katie and Uncle Kelly. We had fun taking pictures and meeting you. You are pretty special to Grandma and Grandpa Halter because you were born on their 35th wedding anniversary. I think that makes you their favorite granddaughter.
After everyone left you had to have your bath and eat. Naturally I got to eat too and Wanda in all of her awesomeness found me a delicious cheeseburger. :) Then we went to our own room and we all got to sleep...Well a little. I have so much more to tell you about your first week with us. We have been having a BLAST hanging out with you. Everyday you amaze us a little more. You are so smart and so cute. :)
Love,
Mom












Welcome to the club! All of the cliches are true...so happy for you :)
ReplyDelete