Thursday, December 8, 2011
Mommy to the Max
Dear Baby Waider,
Whew! I can't believe you are two months old already. Where has the time gone? You have done extremely well with your two primary jobs, eating and growing. You are growing like a weed!I've always wanted to say that! You have changed so much over the past 8 weeks. You have always been totally adorable, but I have to say if it is possible you have become more adorable with each day. I'd have to say the best thing ever is your SMILE! Mama loves your smile more than anything. AND I'm guessing that if you flash your smile to your dad there is a pretty good chance that you will be able to get whatever you want. ;)You usually smile mid-morning after you are dressed for the day and when I let you kick for awhile on your changing table. Actually, I'd have to say your favorite place in the world is on your changing table. We spend lots of time with you up there. Probably one of the cutest things you like to do is dance.I'm working on getting a video of you doing that, but you seem to do your best when I'm not trying to video you.
This is you two months ago.
This is you now! Look at that smile.
Tonight as I'm blogging you are hanging out in your swing. Pretty much your favorite place in the world! Mom and dad are ever so grateful to Uncle Rob and Auntie Katie for getting you the swing. I'd have to say you are pretty grateful as well. You LOVE it in there. You have also begun to play a little bit! You love your time with your play mat and so does super kitty...
Anyway, with this blog I would like to maybe impart some of my wisdom upon you. Today it crossed my mind, as it often does, that I do not want to leave you and go back to work. Rarely do I think about it that I don't burst into tears. Yes, I know, you are going to be staying with your Grandma Halter. I know you will be in excellent hands. I just don't want to miss even one smile! Unfortunately, your smile doesn't pay the bills, UNLESS, we can get you into show business. AND I think I would make an excellent stage mom, plus you have plenty of pictures for your portfolio already. The point for this ramble, and I do have a point, is to pass along some advice from the king. The King of Rock and Roll that is. Elvis Preseley. We've jammed out to some of his tunes while you are on your changing table. Anyway, he, and I'm sure many others said this, "Don't criticize what you don't understand, son, you never took a walk in that man's shoes."
I was very excited to find out that I was going to have you. Okay, I was surprised, then I was excited. I didn't really know what to expect from being a mom. I have to confess that I've spent much of the past 12 years being a "mom basher" of sorts. Not because I don't love people who are moms. I love all moms. However, what I've never really understood is the notion that these mothers think that their kid is totally "special." After teaching for 12 years I've heard lots of moms try to give all kinds of excuses for their child. Don't get me wrong, this is not your ticket to be a maniac at school because I will not be bailing you out there. What it does mean is that I get it. I understand what all those crazy moms over the years have wanted. The best. No matter what their approach or what CRAZY things they were saying they were simply doing what they thought was the best for their little baby. I do have to say, I'm surprised that it took me only 8 short weeks to change 12 years of annoyance with overzealous mothers. Oh, and Aunt Becky I TOTALLY get the 238 pictures you gave me for Lauryn's slide show. At this rate I think I'd better start Ellie's now. My point is I've spent some time judging moms over the years. To be fair some of them have set themselves up for judgment, but to also be fair I've been a little overly harsh on some of them. Notice I said some, not all. See I was critical to them when in reality I just didn't understand. You are the most amazing thing I've ever been a part of and I dare even one person to tell me that you are less than perfect. ;)
Love,
Mom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment