Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Just How Much I Love You...

Dear Baby Waider,



I swore to myself that I wouldn't write anything embarrassing about you in my blog. So, I hope this doesn't cross the line. It just might. The truth is that you do some pretty nasty stuff, and I have to do some pretty nasty stuff for you. The first nasty thing that I didn't take care of, but your dad and aunt did was the umbilical cord. It was crusty and gross and bled. The umbilical cord on you was equal to how scary my belly button was when I was pregnant. Interestingly they are very similar. Your dad did a good job of taking care of it because if I looked at it I would gag. Luckily, Dr. Lynn fixed it right up, and your belly button is as cute as a button, AND I don't miss the crusty umbilical cord.

Next,let's take the night that I was trying to change your diaper as swiftly as I could and you pooped. All. Over. It was intense. Shortly after that you pooped all over you followed up by peeing. All. Over. I have thousands of poop and pee stories. One time, again as I was changing your diapers, which, might I add I do way more than I ever thought I would have to, you actually shot poop at me. It made contact all over my arm. Luckily for me it missed my face. One time at 3 AM I was performing a diaper change only to discover that you had filled an ENTIRE leg of your sleeper with poop. Lots and lots of poop.

The very reason I decided to write this blog is what happened today. For starters you woke up with a FULL diaper. Full to the point of seeping out the back and all over your sleeper. Outfit change 1. That was not the end. It was followed by a diaper that was so full that it got all over your cute little outfit. Outfit change 2. During another diaper change as I was putting the diaper under your little rear and you peed. You peed all over your second adorable outfit. Outfit change 3. Yes...it continues. Again, I was trying to hustle and get your diaper changed, but as I was wiping your rear again you peed. And this time it ran all over you, and somehow got in your hair. That was how it ended. You got a bath and so far you have been disaster free.Outfit change 4. Thankfully you have tons of clothes so we can handle some costume changes.

That's not all. Today I also "picked" your nose for you. Something I swore I would NEVER do. You had boogies hanging all over so don't worry, I hooked you up. On top of that I have to take care of your claws, I mean nails. You have the longest, thickest, fastest growing nails maybe in the world. Next to your mother. The picture for this blog shows your favorable reaction to me filing your nails. You were pretty sure I was torturing you. I was clipping your nails earlier this week and I got your finger tip. It bled like crazy and we both cried. I felt so horrible. Fortunately I got the courage up to clip your nails again today and it went okay.

Oh! Your dad just reminded me of this. As parents when you leave the hospital they arm you with a tool that every parent is armed with. It is called a booger snatcher. They taught us how to use it and everything. At the hospital they call it "bulbing you out." Pretty much it is a device used to suck snot out of your nose. And yes, we've done it to you several times...

So, if all of this doesn't prove that I love you nothing will. However, I do have even more proof for you. I have turned my iPad over to your dad. Turns our that I can't hold you and the iPad so I'm letting him borrow it for awhile. Just borrow it. I miss it, but love you so much that it doesn't matter. Turns out that people were right. Some things just aren't as important anymore when you have a beautiful little baby. In all fairness it does help that I have the iPhone which is smaller and I can hold it and you. :)

Even though you do some nasty stuff you do them in the most endearing and adorable ways.

Love,

Mom

1 comment:

  1. Oh geesh......she was so cute until you described this. I suppose she still is, but wow. Is it weird that when I read about the sleeper I thought "I hope she just threw that one away?" Clearly I'm not a mom:) Loved your selflessness of giving up your iPad...good trade. Soon she will be crawling around and you can have it back so you can have iPad in one hand and iPhone in other - that is when the fun starts:) Can't wait to meet the little one in person, though I'm going to now come over wearing a raincoat and my Hunter's!

    ReplyDelete