Tuesday, November 8, 2011
What I Like About You!
Dear Baby Waider,
Okay. I'm not going to lie. One month olds don't do much. You eat, sleep, and fill your diaper. Most people would argue that that makes for a pretty mundane day. In fact I would have argued that. See your mom isn't much for sitting still... Until now. Today as I lay in the recliner, with you on my chest sleeping, and sipping some hot coffee I realize that I don't want this to end. Ever. Unfortunately, I know that it must end. So I don't want to forget this. Ever. You will grow because that is your job. My prediction is that it will just get better from here. You have gotten better with every passing minute. That being said I have a little list in my head of all the things I love about you right now. I've decided to make a list on the blog so I can share it with you some day!
TOP TEN THINGS I LOVE ABOUT MY ELLIE (at 1 month old)
10. The way you breathe when you sleep. (Dad says it sounds just like me.)
9. How you scrunch up into a little ball and sleep in my chest. It is especially cute when you put your hands under your head like they are making little pillows.
8. When you hold my finger with your hand.
7. When you stare at me with your big, beautiful eyes. Sometimes it is like you are thinking I'm nuts. (partially true) But sometimes you look at me like you think I might just be as amazing as I think you are.
6. Your long eyelashes, little button nose, and perfect little lips!
5. The way you smile and laugh in your sleep.
4. Waking up with you in the middle of the night. (I know everyone is currently saying, "ya right!" which is pretty accurate.) Waking up in the middle of the night has pretty much been brutal. At the same time it always puts a smile on my face to have you wake me up. Plus, I can tell that you are not overly thrilled with being up either. You and I together in the middle of the night are a little disastrous. We sort of fumble through the dark. I try to feed you and you try to get fed. There is no funny business because the sooner we can get it done the sooner we get to go back to sleep! This time makes me smile because, yet again, we are so similar. No wonder I think you are so amazing. :) I wouldn't trade these moments for all the sleep in the world.
3. The little sounds you make while you are eating.
2. That I can make you stop crying. Instantly.
1. When you fall asleep in my arms.
I never would have thought that doing nothing at all, surrounded by a disastrously messy house, cuddling with a little baby could truly be a slice of heaven.
Love,
Mom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment