Dear Baby Waider,
It's hard to believe that a month ago right now I was in major pain in the hospital with you. That day was such a special day and I feel like I have so many stories for you. So, today I tell you the story of the digital record that was created as you made the journey into this world.
You happened to be born during the height of the digital age and your parents LOVE technology. My favorite way to communicate is via text messages. Probably by the time you can read this the rage will be something else, but texting is pretty convenient and an easy way to communicate with a large amount of people all at one time. Anyway, despite the fact that I was in labor I was still a texting fool. In fact my mom's cousin said that there was no way I was texting in labor, but I sure was! Anyway, there were some great text messages exchanged and I decided to share some of these texts with you on the blog. Thankfully, your Grandma Halter wrote down all of the texts sent to her and I have most of the texts that were sent to me. Some of them unfortunately were deleted because your mom texts too much. Unfortunately, texts from Auntie Katie and Grandma Halter were deleted because your mom texts them way too much. I know that their texts were really encouraging and funny. Here are some text exchanges that were my favorites.
First text sent out while I was in MAJOR PAIN: At the hospital. Not sure what is going on yet. Might be in labor. Having contractions.
Responses:
Grandpa Waider: Stay in touch, I'm at grocery store.
Uncle Kelly: game on. Hell yeah.
LynnDee Fenster: good luck. I'm thinking of you. Take a deep breath. It is all so worth it as you will soon see.
Super Aunt Becky: Give her hell girl!!
I'm so excited!!!! Take it easy and I will be praying for you!
Auntie Alicia: yay!!!!!!! Good luck!!! Can't wait to see pics!!!
Grandma Mary: that means baby. Good luck. I hope it comes quick.
Super Aunt Cathy: Good Golly girl! It must be if you are texting! Our prayers for all of you!
Cousin Kammie: good luck! Can't wait to hear she is here.
Jolisa: thinking and praying for you! Sorry to not respond sooner. Driving home.
Auntie Beth: omg!!! Ur in labor? I'm glad ur doing good!! You'll do great! How's daddy doing?
Auntie Stacie: woooooooooooohooo!!
Love and prayers.
Hilarious conversation:
Dawn Elkjer: Wanna meet up for a sec so I can give you the baby gift ?
Mom: I'm in labor and in the hospital and dilated to a 7.
Dawn: stfu are you really??????
Mom: yep and I have lotsa drugs in me.
Dawn: yay! Congrats mama! Xoxo
I had some great conversations with many people via text message during labor. Conversations were mostly casual and typical of conversations I would have even if I weren't in labor.
During labor your dad was updating the masses through twitter. Thankfully your grandma was writing all of these updates down. I wasn't following on twitter I was living it. The updates ruled and I wish I would have told people on my Facebook to follow but I don't think I ever did. Anyway here are the updates your dad sent out.
Twitter: water has officially broken, although it is just a slow leak right now.
Twitter: everyone is ready for a nap. Dr. Just came in and finished off the bag of waters and now dilated to a 7.
Twitter: disaster averted. Nancy found the cameras. Still at 7-8 cm. some petosin might be on the way.
Twitter: high or low time. Petosin might be on the way. Possibility of holding baby Waider by 5pm, but I say sooner. What do you think?
Twitter: "all right petosin, do your thing!" hopefully this will get carol over the 7-8cm hump.
Twitter: contractions are coming harder and faster but still stalled at 8cm. More petosin and more waiting on the menu. Come on baby Waider.
Twitter: check out the goals.
Twitter: shift change. Bye aunt Jackie! (closest to carol)! Misty (furthest to the left, and checked us in at 6am is back.
Twitter: nurse Wanda has a new plan. 10cm at 10 after. It seems like everyone is ready except baby Waider. Cross your fingers.
Twitter: nurse Wanda: "I am so exci-I-Ted." with a wiggle of the eyebrows) looks like it is on anytime now.
Twitter: she is feeling pushy! Did that just start?
Twitter: pushing
Twitter: she is doing great!
Twitter: nurse Wanda: 10:30 goal.
Twitter: say hello to Eleanor 10:35.
Twitter: 6 lbs 12oz.
Many people will say that texting is killing the English language. That it is causing a breakdown of communication. I am here to tell you that texting and twitter made our day so much more special. Hearing from friends and family kept your dad and me going! You are so loved by so many.
Love,
Mom


No comments:
Post a Comment