Dear Baby Waider,
It seems like only yesterday that I spent an entire day crying and holding you, dreading the moment that I had to return to work and leave you all day long at daycare. Alas, the day I've waited for since that day has arrived. The LAST DAY OF SCHOOL. What that means is That mom and dad will be home ALL DAY EVERYDAY until school starts again. Our superintendent sent us an email today that noted that school starts in 96 days. In some ways I feel so excited that that will be together for so long, but on the other hand I know that once I blink those 96 days will be gone.
I'm super excited to use those 96 days to the fullest. We are going to go on tons of walks, check out the local tourist traps, hike, and hang at the pool. We might try some travel and camping unless i get too scared I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I'm a little scared for this summer. Will I be able to get you into a little routine or will I be working all day long to get you to take a nap? Will you sleep at night?! Truth be told I know what to do with 7 year olds. I am not quite sure what to do with 7 month olds all the time. Especially a STRONG WILLED 7 month old. So, I'm a little terrified of you, but I'm guessing that I will be just fine and we are going to have the best summer EVER.
Words can't express how relieved and excited I am to be on summer break. I can't wait to spend all of my time with you. At the same time I always feel a bit of sadness on the last day of school. Today on the way home I was thinking about all of the students who I haven't seen after the last day that I taught them. It was a good reminder that people come into our lives, sometimes for even just a short time, but they can make a big time impression. That's your little life lesson for this post. Also, I watched several little kids walk out my door today probably not sure what the summer had in store for them. Many will spend a good amount of time hungry, lonely, or even possibly in danger. Many will spend time being the parent in their family. My promise to you is that will never be a reality for you. You will be a kid and fun will be your priority.
You have grown so much as always. You are right on the verge of crawling. You have been working so hard to be able to crawl. You get up on your hands and knees and then you seem stuck. Then you cry. Then you fall. Then you cry. Then you start all over again. I know that soon you will be crawling all over the place and your dad and I will be so proud.
This post tends to be a little more rambly than most. I guess I tend to feel a little more rambly than most days today. Here's to 96 days of fun in the sun!!!!
Love,
Your mama
No comments:
Post a Comment