Dear Baby Waider,
I remember very few dates. I'm horrible with birthdays and I don't have a clue about anyone's anniversary. But June 18th will be a date that always sticks in my brain.
It was a year ago today. I had an appointment with the ultrasound technician and yes, I was going to find out if you were a boy or a girl. Despite everyone telling me that I should NOT find out what I was having, that it would ruin the surprise I was determined that I was going to know who you were long before you came outta my belly.
Now, I'll let you in on a little secret. I really hoped that you were a girl. I know, everyone says you hope for a healthy baby, but I wanted a healthy baby girl. (I know I would have been equally happy with a healthy boy, but anyway you get the point.) That morning I even put on my brightest pink nail polish on my toes to bring me luck.
We went to the Ultrasound and of course I had to go to the bathroom 100 times during the ultrasound. But in between those trips to the bathroom she told us that you were a girl. I was so happy! Everything worked out. The name I had picked was going to work out and you were going to be a girl.
As much as people liked to rip on me for finding out what you were it brought a closeness between us. Instead of "it" you became "her." I was able to visualize how you might look and set up your room. I bought you clothes and knew your name. I felt like I knew ore about you and that helped me know you better. Plus I wasn't in excruciating pain and exhausted when I found out what you were. I was calm and happy. Mia, dad, and I made a video about you being a girl that I should try to post here.
I know, this isn't a very exciting story and try as I may I cannot make it anymore exciting. All I can tell you is that aside from the day you were born this day was the most exciting day of my life. The day I found out that you were a girl.
Mama loves you!
Love,
Your mom
Argh, now you are making me want to find out! Think I will at least try the nail polish route:)
ReplyDelete