Sunday, August 19, 2012

Say it ain't so...

Dear Baby Waider,

This whole summer I have told myself that I'm not going to think about leaving you in the fall. I wanted to be sure to enjoy every minute of the summer off with you. And I have. We have done tons of fun things, as have been mentioned in the previous blogs. Mainly just being able to wake up, let you eat brunch for an hour while I have my coffee, and check out the news has been a slice of heaven. Leisurely walks, and playing with cousin Finn have also been regular activities that have been lots of fun. To say that I'm sad to go back to work would be an understatement. Devastated and heartbroken would be more accurate.  Being with you has been a blast.

Tonight was the culminating activity for the entire summer. We went to the Central States Fair. It was a blast! We went with Grandma and Grandpa Halter, the Webers, Harringtons, Halters, and the Grrrr...I don't know how to spell their name. Grunstroms. Dad really wanted to get you a ride on an elephant. I was not in favor of it because it was $14 and you wouldn't even remember it. I know I've told you this before, but dad will totally get you anything. Seriously. Also, I didn't want you to fall off of the elephant. They are very tall animals. The whole concept freaked me out. Luckily I talked dad out of it. But now there is nothing that I would like more than to have a picture right here of you and dad riding the elephant. Oh well! Next year. Instead you had some awesome cousin time!



It looks like you rode this ride at the fair. Actually none of you rode it and because carnies LOVE mom, I even talked her into letting the four of you get into this little car to take a picture. Super cute, free, and AWESOME. And let me teach you this little lesson, aside from creepy germs and crusty boogers NOTHING is free at the fair. 

You and Finn playing bumper strollers!


You with Harry and Vern...Finn is making an escape. 
Maybe the best picture of the summer. Love this. 

We all knew that the summer had to end at sometime and no matter what it would seem too short. Also, you spent the last two weeks teething/diarrhea/serious diaper rash and dad had pneumonia so that probably cut into super family fun, but it was still amazing. That being said there are many worse things that can happen than mom and dad having to go back to work. After all I am grateful that I have a job to go back to. I also feel like I have a pretty sweet deal. Like the best of both worlds. I get to have a great career that I love AND I get to spend time with you in the summer. It works out well. On top of it I have a place to take you that you LOVE and grandma gets to have fun with you. It'll all be okay... After I get a little chance to snivel and cry. I'll miss you my little Ellie Belly. Thanks for all the fun.

Mama loves you,

Mom


1 comment:

  1. It was really hard for me to go back to work after the time at home with my boys too...but it gets easier once it becomes your new normal :). Ellie pretty much hit the jackpot with you and Adam as parents and Nancy and Mike as her grandparents so she'll adjust quickly. You can call on your drive to school if you need to chat (or cry).

    ReplyDelete