Friday, July 5, 2013

21 Words by 21 Months

Dear Baby Waider,

At your 18 month appointment Dr. Lynn gave us a challenge. She said that by 21 months you should know at least 21 words. I also know that you should be saying some two word phrases, but I'm not sure how many. I've been wanting to count how many words you say. In three days you should be saying 21 words. So I decided that I would make a list of the words that you say.

1. Mom
2. Mama
3. Dad
4. Dada
5. Mia
6. Boo
7. Kiki (kitty, kitty)
8. Papa
9. Auntie
10. Mine
11. Oh
12. No
13. Ya
14. Yay
15. Wow
16. Hi
17. Bye
18. Cheese
19. I
20. Water
21. Peas (Please)
22. Titu (thank you)
23. Papa
24. Car
25. Apple
26. Feesh (fish)
27. Baby
28. Keys
29. Sit
30. Up
31. Ball
32. Joe
33. Becky
34. Lello (Yellow)
35. Blue
36. Layla (Kayla)
37. Cookie
38. Curcle (circle)
39. Angle (triangle)
40. Ummm...



Two Word Phrases

1. Mine, Mama
2. Oh wow!
3. Oh ya!
4. Thank you
5. Want water
6. Sit, Mia
7. Bye, Bye
8. Hi, Mom
9. Bye, Mom
10. Hi, Dad
11. Bye, Dad
12. Mia, go!
13. No, Mia
14. Hi, Boo

Three Word Phrases

1. No, mine, mom

You are pretty verbal. I'm impressed with all the words that you are saying and I love communicating with you. You can answer questions and figuring out what you want or need is much easier now. I have to admit that I thought second graders said my name a lot. They say Miswaider. (like Mrs. Waider if it were one word) But I will tell you that you say mom around 1,000 times a day. Sometimes it is Mama, sometimes mom, sometimes whiny, sometimes loud, but you say Mom more than anything. I respond with what? and you generally say nothing after. Sometimes you just like to laugh. I'm guessing that I'm forgetting some of the words and phrases that you say. You have the cutest little voice and I love listening to you talk. I can already tell that communicating with you will crack me up and be lots of fun. As always I love you!

Love,

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment