Friday, July 26, 2013

Miscellaneous Summer Fun

Dear Baby Waider,

Based upon my last posts you would think that we have done just a couple of things this summer. However, as I looked through the pictures on my phone it dawned on me that this summer hasn't been all pregnancy and broken legs. Here is some proof!






We went to Old MacDonald's Farm. Or as I like to call it, OMF. We've actually been there a few times. Recently you like to play in the sandbox, ride the ponies, feed the fish, and have a snack there. Tonight you had a blast shopping in the gift store and conned your dad out of a chair. (Pictured below)


Yes, you rode home like this only after screaming in the store because we had to put it in its bag and pay for it. You had to carry it in the house too which took 10 times as long to get in than usual. I do love camping chairs so I get it, but geesh!


We also met one of mom's good friend's baby Cameron. He was super sad when mom was holding him, but he was so cute. We met him at Dinosaur park. You've been there a few times this summer! You love it there. The only embarrassing part is when any children get even close to the dinosaurs you say, "NO! Mine!" and try to push them away. Thankfully the last time we were there the kids did not speak English so they couldn't really tell what you were saying.


Here you are hugging the dinosaur.


Irritating and chasing Finn!


You thought you were pretty special getting ahold of your dad's hat and wearing it. It was too cute.


Here you are at one of our several trips to Vicky Power's Park. We spent quite a bit of time there and it is super fun.





You also celebrated a first this summer! You got your first haircut! Stephanie has been cutting mom's hair for many years and dad's for awhile too. It started out a little rocky, but it ended up fine because right along with your first haircut you got to have your first sucker! You loved the sucker! You were an instant fan of Steph after that.


Church! You love to go to church. Here is a picture of you with papa. He takes you to communion for your blessing from Fr. Dave. You love it because now you get to walk up there. It is a pretty big deal. You always get super excited to see Fr. Dave, but when you do you usually get shy and hide. One of these days I'm hoping you will say, "Hi" or "Bye" to him. Grandma Halter was not too impressed when I busted out the iPhone for this shot during church, but I have to say it was worth it!


Super Uncle Father Bob came for a visit right around the time dad broke his ankle. Grandma had t brilliant idea to have 7 celebrations for Uncle Bob's 70th birthday. We all benefitted because the desserts were amazing! You super niece and nephews thought it was pretty fabulous too!



We went on a fun trip to one of the city pools. It was a blast. Well, you had a blast. Mom didn't have a suit. Thankfully Grandma and Grandpa Halter made sure you had fun. Grandma took you down the slide about 100 times. You LOVED it. Also, here is a picture of what I'm fairly sure we've looked like all summer. Mom's big belly chasing after you!








We also went on a trip to Reptile Gardens with the cousins. It was fun, but your favorite part was playing in the sandbox with Finn. The two of you spent MOST of your time there. Cousin Calvin also joined in the fun.


Every once in awhile you will turn up missing. Many times we find you inside your room on your chair reading a story. Sometimes you even read to your babies. That is especially cute. I'm hoping to capture that in a picture.


Grandma O. introduced you to a taste treat. An ice cream cone. You LOVED it. It almost drove me crazy. Your face was a mess and it was running all over the place. I refused to lick it and fix it, and Grandma O. gave me quite a hard time about it. You loved it and have had a couple more since then.







We also got to celebrate Uncle Robbie and Cousin Harry's birthday. It is on the same day! It was super fun because we went to the Fuji Steakhouse with everyone. It was a BLAST! The food was great and it was very entertaining. After we had cake. You loved the frosting and got it everywhere.



We also went on the 1880 train. It was...an experience! We waited for what seemed like forever to get on the train. Once on the train Auntie Katie and Uncle Robbie had to separate from us because it was too crowded. When we FINALLY got to the last car that was available (keep in mind dad's leg is still broken and I'm still 8 months pregnant AND I was carrying you and almost all of our gear) some lady was on there saying that she had ALL the seats saved for her family. Behind me were 8 more people. Who were also needing a seat that this lady wouldn't let sit anywhere. I got more than a little mad and ALMOST lost it with her. I said, "I'm sitting down and I don't really care who theses seats are saved for."

Then she said, "They are in the bathroom."

I said, "Not my problem."

Luckily dad calmed me down and told me to just sit down and ignore her. Not sure why, but I listened instead of fighting with the annoying lady anymore.

Turns out they were total jerks anyway. They saved 14 seats for maybe 7 people and many of them had seats completely to themselves. They reminded me of why I am always pretty happy when the tourists go home after the summer! We are fortunate to have THREE whole seasons without them. I got in the last word when we ran into one of the annoying tourists on the streets of Keystone. (Keep in mind that they TOLD everyone they didn't have time to shop, only use the bathroom and get back on the train.) This man, who of course didn't follow the rules was by the fudge shop. I looked at him and told him he better hurry so someone didn't take his seat. He just blew me off, but I felt pretty good about my snide comment. Interestingly Auntie Katie had the SAME experience on another train. She's sworn off of the 1880 train for life. We will see if she achieves that or not. Finn really liked it. Other than that it was a fun trip. You loved it because they served popcorn. I just enjoyed laughing with dad about the annoying people on the train and dad seemed to just enjoy the trip! We followed it up with a trip to Keystone which included buying cheesy souvenirs. You got a drum, car, and stuffed prairie dog.


Here you are playing "Nigh Nigh." One of your favorite games that we play daily. You pretend to go to sleep. Then you wake up. Not sure the appeal, but you love it.



Dad found you this sweet swingset on craigslist and Grandpa Halter and him went to get it. Thankfully Grandma and Grandpa Halter helped us put it up. You LOVE it. We spend lots of time on it.




We took a fun trip to the Dollar Store. Finny pushed you around the store and we basically got you whatever you wanted. Hours of fun. Hours of entertainment.


We also went to PetCo or PetSmart. Pet something. You had a blast there. You got your own cart and pushed it all over the store. Since I had to buy $150 in dog and cat food Auntie kept track of you, thankfully!



Here is a precious shot of you and daddy. So sweet.

Despite everything we've had some good memories this summer. You have recently started saying more and more. You now say "I want..." followed by water, gege (which we think means snack), keys, or cheese.
You also say, "Go mama." That means you don't want me to play or you don't want me to ruin you and dad's fun. Pretty cute, but a little offensive.

As always I love you!

Love,

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment