Dear Baby Waider + Little Brother Too,
I really have so many things to post about. I'm not really sure where to even begin. I suppose I could start with the fact that we really made it to our goal Little Brother! You will be born in September and at some point in time I'll have a beautiful sapphire to show for it! :) Additionally, we made it through the first week of school. I am officially ready for the long-term sub. The house is...sort of as ready as it can be. We need to do a little more cleaning, but for the most part we would be well prepared for your arrival. So nice job! You too listened to your mom. I really would be okay with you arriving anytime. Right now we have an induction scheduled for the 9th of September, though Dr. B. thinks it will be sooner.
Also, last night as I was laying in bed, with heartburn for approximately the 275th night in a row I started thinking. I started thinking about the weekend I had your sister. So many things were similar. It was a three day weekend. Your dad and I went to Target and spent way too much money on infant stuff. I spent too much time at Hobby Lobby looking at totally pointless stuff. We watched a movie, and I painted stuff for the nursery. You would be around two weeks early. I went to bed last night almost certain you would be born today. It seemed just perfect. Alas, as everyone says, babies come when they want to and obviously last night and today you didn't want to.
Additionally, summer officially came to a close this weekend. It is labor day weekend. Despite your dad's injuries we closed the summer out with a bang. Two weekends ago we went to the Central State's Fair. Let me just say that you LOVED the fair. You loved the rides, the food, the creepy people. EVERYTHING about the fair was super fun for you. You and your dad rode tons of rides. You had absolutely NO fear on any of the rides. I have a feeling that I'll be watching you and your dad ride lots of rides in the future. Your favorite ride was probably the cars. It was the ride that never ended. You did go on this terrifying balloon ride. It totally FREAKED me out. I cried. Then, you fell over and hit your head in the balloons. I cried harder. I did manage to take lots of pictures despite the tears. My camera was completely covered in the tears. You cried, but not as much as I did. You just seemed so little to be on such big rides. By the end of the night you wanted dad to let you ride the carousel on your own. Thankfully he didn't let you. I've never been a huge fan of the carnival. I hate rides, I've been puked on at the carnival before when I wasn't even on a ride, so I've never had much time for it. But, this I know for sure. I will not be missing the carnival with you again because it was FUN.
This weekend we spent ample time getting ready for Little Brother. We did manage to take some time on Friday night to go to the Central football game. We didn't go to watch the game, but we went to watch the band! Cousin Brooker is in the drum line and the band is super fun to watch. You and Finn had a blast and I have to say that you really liked the football game too. Papa taught you when to clap and you loved it. Sunday we hit Old Mac Donald's Farm one more time this season. Dad did all the leg work this time because mom was hot, huge, and tired. It was still fun and we took yet more pictures!
YOu LOVED the black and white cow. You hung out with her for about 20 minutes. You and the cow were covered in flies and I was totally creeped out. All in all I'm glad that I let you hang out with her because I think she enjoyed it too. Sorry that the pictures I took weren't great because I sat on a bench in the shade and it made the whole trip bearable. Little Brother you were there too!
When we got home we tried out some of the baby gear. You loved the baby Ergo, and we loved having you contained for a little while.
Seems strange that it is already September. It is cliche to say that time is flying, but it really is. Hopefully soon we are posting about your arrival, LIttle Brother! No pressure, but your mom is mighty tired of being huge, having heartburn, and having to go to the bathroom every five minutes. :)
As always, Mama loves you!
Love,
Mama


















No comments:
Post a Comment