Sunday, August 9, 2015

By the Numbers

Dear Baby Waider + Little Brother Too,

It has been FOREVER since I actually posted on here. I have had some major writer's block. I have four posts in draft mode simply because I can't seem to formulate a complete post that seems even  mildly interesting. I have taken to blaming my lack of brain power upon the fact that I had two kids in three years. Like grew two complete humans in my body and brought them onto the earth. And they walk, talk, and eat on their own. Not only that, but one of them uses the toilet on her own. So I dedicated a lot of brain power to that endeavor. :) All blame aside we have been LIVING as well. Two toddlers means go! go! GO! So at the end of the day it's not like I am overly eager to type up everything we did. So I'm taking comfort in knowing that I've documented everything 100 fold on Facebook, in pictures, and on Instagram. That being said, today I was inspired to update the blog. 

If you are able to read this then you probably already know that I have a strange thing with numbers and connections. Probably why I love the Timehop app so much. When I checked out the date today I made a connection. Baby Waider was the EXACT age Little Brother is today when Little Brother was born. 23 months. One month from two years old. Not potty trained and communicating on a VERY basic level. No wonder when people would see me lugging Baby Waider with a very large stomach they would say, "Wow! You're going to be busy." I would laugh and say, "Yep!" Looking back I had no idea just how busy I would be. 


That being said I would have to say that we made it! I know friends who have had two kids much closer together than mine, and even more than two kids closer in age! Those women are TOUGH, but due to their mind being completely gone they probably don't even realize just how tough they are. Kidding. The benefit to the two of you being that you have an incredible bond. You are best frenemies. You play together pretty well. With that you also irritate each other to no end. Little Brother has an amazing vocabulary simply from repeating the last word that Baby Waider says. 

For example this morning:
Baby Waider: Mom can we eat outside?
Little Brother: Outside!

Baby Waider: MOM! Benny won't leave me alone!
Little Brother: Leave alone!

We call Little Brother Baby Waider's parrot. He copies everything she says!

The downfall of having two kids so close together is that Little Brother is at an adorable age! He's so inquisitive, curious, and hilarious. Part of me feels like having a newborn at the same time caused me to miss out on Baby Waider during that stage in her life. I know I was there, but with being totally exhausted and sleep deprived I wonder if I was actually "THERE." I do remember Baby Waider being super interested in Little Brother, and I even remember letting her hold him on several occasions. I can't even fathom handing a newborn over to Little Brother because he would most certainly throw them. Or tell them to, "Go away!" One of his most famous two word phrases. Creating humans is unexplainable. You want to hold onto every moment, but it's not possible. Instead we are in constant memory making mode just trying to slow time down! Does that even make sense? I guess it does to me and that is all that matters.

The memories have been countless this summer. We have many pictures documenting these. But, I think when I look back on the summer of 2015 I will most cherish the times when you didn't know I was listening and you were quietly playing together, giggling,  or chasing each other down the hall. Smiles on your faces and sun-kissed. The memory I will try to forget is the door slamming and simultaneous crying over nothing. Now for a little then and now. 

When it's all said and done I'd have to say that Baby Waider you have been a stupendous big sister to Little Brother. And Little Brother you play your part very well. ;) Love you both more than you can comprehend. 

Love always, 

Mama



No comments:

Post a Comment