Dear Baby Waider+Little Brother Too,
This morning Baby Waider had her tonsils out and tubes put in. We've been waiting for this surgery for awhile. When you doesn't have tubes you are in almost a constant state of ear infection. Paired with the fact that you snore like an old man it is a good thing that they took out your tonsils. Initially you went to the hospital on Black Friday to have the procedure done. The hospital was horrible. Luckily, and I do believe we were lucky, that you had a fever that day and surgery was postponed until you were healthy. The hospital was awful. The nurse told you you would be in a lot of pain. A phrase which you took with you to this surgery, but you were brave. She also had a variety of other terrifying things to say that day I've permanently removed from my mind. The anesthesiologist didn't even know what procedure you were having done and neither did the pre-op nurses. We had to correct them several times and dad had to ask google to convert your temperature from C to F for the anesthesiologist. It was similar to watching a circus act with clowns trying to be doctors and nurses. I was never more thankful than when the doctor came to the waiting room and said that you were too sick for surgery.
The past three weeks since that day have been horrifically busy and annoyingly stressful. We successfully sold the house on Rosilee LN and moved to Cognac CT. The house is pretty terrific but different. I hate change so it's been an adjustment. Moving is grueling and annoying hard work. By the grace of God we had two snow days and Grandma Halter to help us pack or we still may not be moved. We hired movers for the big stuff but on moving day Grandpa Marker and Mary were totally invaluable. I'm pretty sure Mary had the worst packing experience but during the process she found our marriage license which was a good reminder for the entire weekend. Super Uncle Joe and Grandma Halter were also helpful and I almost immediately regretted hiring the movers for a Friday when everyone was working. We were lucky again to have the last warm days of the fall for us to move. Grandpa Halter, Super Aunt Becky, Aunties Katie and April helped unpack. Dad had to move the final stuff in sub-zero temperatures. It has been a journey and I hope that we are settled for awhile now. The new house looks like a perpetual rummage sale and likely will until it warms up enough to situate things.
Waiting. We've been waiting for a couple of hours for you to wake up and walk now. It's been a rare time of total silence. Your dad and I both sitting by your side as you still snore (supposedly you will until the swelling goes down). Waiting had given me a good chance to do some thinking, which I really haven't had the chance to do for awhile. Just a quiet room and a comfy chair has given me the chance to realize the remarkable amount we've accomplished in the past eight months. I'm equal parts amazed and equal parts sad. Every minute we spent on moving were minutes not spent with both of you. In many ways you were waiting to have your parents back. Fortunately for you you have amazing grandparents who took you much of the time and made the experience much more positive. Once our house was listed we waited for it to sell. Once it sold we waited to find a house. Then we waited to move in. Waiting...waiting...waiting. In between the waiting I'm certain we had fun but it sure just seemed like stress.
During these past eight months I've been completely and totally stressed. It never pays to be a worrier and that's exactly what I am. So I hope you can find it in your hearts to forgive me for being a less than awesome mom the past few months. It was hopefully the means to a greater end. I love you both and can hardly wait for some fun over Christmas Break. Once you heal, Baby Waider, I'm convinced that we will be back to having fun in no time.
Love,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment