Dear Baby Waider,
I think it's high time I fill you in a little on the crisis, I mean fun your nursery has been to put together. First, your mom has a horrible time picking out paint colors. 1. She's not that great at it. 2. Someday your dad can tell you how many times he painted the living room / kitchen. 3. I wanted to be sure I picked out the perfect color for you! So, at long last I, with the guidance of your dad and auntie Katie, setteled on a turquioise of sorts. You can see it in the picture below. I think it is beautiful and your super aunt Francey is in the process of making you some swanky bedding and curtains out of pale pink and white fabric. It is also pertinent for me to tell you at this time that you dad is a major perfectionist and wants everything to be perfect for you. So, despite your mom wanting to be very lazy and not fix the texture problem on the wall your dad wanted to and enlisted Grandma Halter's help to wallpaper. She came out of wallpapering retirement just for you! Your dad wanted to shop for new texture wallpaper while I wanted to use what we had and just buy the little more we needed to finish the job... so we did it my way...the first time. See, it turned out to be a disaster. The wallpaper was more like tissue paper and grandma and dad were not digging it. So, despite the fact I thought it looked great THEY TORE IT DOWN! AND they decided to start all over the next day. We found some awesome paper. Your mom even got it for cheap at Lowes because they had it in the wrong spot. Being a little pregnant and crazy she wasn't afraid to demand it for the much lower price the wrong spot offered her. After some intense negotiating she walked out with her discount paper and head held high. Grandma Halter came back and wallpapered again because she says she'll only wallpaper for a grandkid. It does look beautiful and your mom learned an important lesson: if you are going to do something do it right the first time or don't do it at all. That and sometimes it pays to spend a little extra money for a little better product.
Have no fear your little haven of sorts will be ready in plenty of time for you.
Here are some pictures commemorating the crazy wallpaper project. None of us look ready for a beauty pageant. We were working hard. Don't you think your dad looks homeless? Anyway, I was eating a snack in the picture of me and grandma was on a texting break. After we finished grandma schooled us in cribbage.
Love,
Mom
P.S. excuse any errors. I did this entire post from my phone. I know! Your mom is the coolest! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment